Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clown said ''I have a headache'' and walked off court, refused to wait for a physio :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't had a bet on it , but retirement at this score is disgusting, he just could stand for 1 more minutes get 4 aces and go home, santillan should be banned , players betting on themselves and if losing they just retire ( gabashvili loves to do it and once galan retired on mp with no reason) , also istomin "fell" and retired on mp.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The ball boys roll down the side of the court at 40-ad in the last game was a bit over kill by the young lad.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Santillan is a headcase, so it's normal for him to have head problems.

Another retirement at similar score the other day was by Vatutin - down 1-5 in the final set.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It's a bit of a lack of respect

Would have been fun though if they had forced him to see the doctor for a dummy medical before letting him leave the court :D

·
Registered
20,700 Posts
Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I think it can also come out of pure frustration. Probably when he was younger he was told that he will make a career and will at least make a decent living out of tennis and most probably he truly believed that. While the reality was different and he is not too bad to retire and not too good to make the ends meet financially. It must be frustrating to fly the whole world just to get spanked 0 and 2 and earn 300 bucks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think it can also come out of pure frustration. Probably when he was younger he was told that he will make a career and will at least make a decent living out of tennis and most probably he truly believed that. While the reality was different and he is not too bad to retire and not too good to make the ends meet financially. It must be frustrating to fly the whole world just to get spanked 0 and 2 and earn 300 bucks.
He's also good friends with kygrios as they grew up or played togehter, so seeing his friend do 10x better must suck too

·
Registered
235 Posts
Santillan was getting paid 100k a year by Japan when he represented them and he's got a fair few sponsors down here, obviously he's not rolling in money but he'd be doing alright

·
Registered
312 Posts
Santillan was getting paid 100k a year by Japan when he represented them and he's got a fair few sponsors down here, obviously he's not rolling in money but he'd be doing alright
He left Japan very quickly 1 year if I recall, so something must have gone wrong,
Wonder which side ended it

He tried to take advantage of his half japanese ethnicity, but I don't think the Japanese would be too approving of his behaviour

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
He left Japan very quickly 1 year if I recall, so something must have gone wrong,
Wonder which side ended it

He tried to take advantage of his half japanese ethnicity, but I don't think the Japanese would be too approving of his behaviour
Japanese, Australian, a guy from Mars, he burned his bridges by misbehavior. It is what it is, he can get more chances, there are plenty in this world but it won't be from the Japanese or Australian tennis federations.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts