Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the WTAworld message boards are down, I don't know the Ostrava women's second round results! If you know them please post them!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Incomplete list of 2nd round scores:
(I'm sure you can all work out who these players are, I'm not translating them :) )
Ondrášková (1-ÈR) - O'Donnoughueová (Brit.) 6:4, 6:2,
Duebbersová (Nìm.) - Baèevová (3-Bulh.) 6:4, 7:5,
Vinciová (5- It.) - Popadièová (Chorv.) 6:4, 4:6, 6:4,
Gallovitsová (7-Rum.) - Birnerová (ÈR) 6:2, 3:0 skreè, Keothavongová (8-Brit.) - Remisová (Rak.) 6:4, 6:2,
Janásková - Šromová (obì ÈR) 6:4, 6:4,
Voškobojevová (Rus.) - Sakowiczová (Pol.) 6:1, 6:7, 6:3

·
Registered
21 Posts
COLUMBUS RESULTS

Avants d. Gullickson :eek:
Ashley d. Yan
Bielek d. Pelletier :)
Perry d. Noorlander :)
Tu d. Dabek

The results I have are correct but the guy couldnt read some of the scores, so I didnt bother to list them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, after she zoomed through qualifying, not really. I'm surprised that Carly kept her form and beat Olga(?) here. I'm happy for her!

It was a good day for the Americans - Melien, Cory Ann, Teryn, Bea, and SHENAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bea:bounce::bounce:

Are these second round results?? Because do you know the score of her first round and who she beat??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanx!!:D

GO BEA:D:D:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. said:
Well, after she zoomed through qualifying, not really. I'm surprised that Carly kept her form and beat Olga(?) here. I'm happy for her!

It was a good day for the Americans - Melien, Cory Ann, Teryn, Bea, and SHENAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Yes Cory Ann zoomed thru qualies, but I'm still shocked. I expected it to be close but I think Carly won it in two 6-4, 6-4. The only thing I can say Cory Ann does better than Carly is mix up the pace of her shots. Carly has a better serve, bigger groundies and more variety. I would love to get a match report. I really want both of them to make French Qualies but I'm not sure its possible.

I think Cory Ann got a Qualie WC to Miami and/or IW. May be she can gain some points there.

Carly also mentioned that she was playing Miami and IW, but I dont know how that is possible, because has already gotten 2 WC's for the year and she is only allowed three :confused:

They will both have to win some good matches in the next couple of weeks in order to make french qualie cutoff...

·
Registered
97 Posts
ITF are different from WTA Wild Cards.....so she only has 1 WTA WC.

Cory Ann needs to play as much as possible with her good form.....I just hope the both of them get a favorable draw at IW and Miami - as in quallies there, you can get a really really bad one.

Shenay should also be playing Miami as she got a WC there last year and this year she is tons better. Maybe an IW WC for her too!?! Who knows ;) We get 8 at each!

To make French Quallies, you gotta make top 225 to "secure" yourself (I'm sure 250 would do) and all 3 have the potential to do it, they just need one really good result at a WTA tournament to do it.........and I PRAY that Shenay does it! ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts