Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching? Thoughts? Kotov served for the first set at 6*-5 but the betfair exchange had 'a strong feeling' that Karatsev would break back and take the TB. And guess what they got that right.

Karatsev broke Kotov twice and raced to a 7-6 3*-0 lead. Guess the odds for the 1,60 prematch favourite now that hes leading by a set and two breaks?

Nothing wrong with Karatsev (atleast i didnt notice anything) - running all the dropshots and serving aces. Started acting injured out of nowhere, had MTO and retired.

The market believed all the way Kotov would win the match eventually. He was 1,7 down a break and 1,78 down two breaks so its not like they noticed him get hurt at 3-0.

Most bookies suspended live-betting for this match very early.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
He was a break up three diff times

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't understand how Karatsev is not banned yet, I still remember his match against Collarini in Sarasota, earlier this year. The guy is disgusting.
Yeah i have seen him pull a trick or two over the years. Nothing from Kotov before this though. Too bad.

Kotov is playing doubles with Gabashvili (who himself lost his match from 6-4 4-0 up). Perhaps Gabashvili is teaching him.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Let's just forbid betting on Challengers and Futures

And it will stop bribery and money laundering

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I don't understand how Karatsev is not banned yet, I still remember his match against Collarini in Sarasota, earlier this year. The guy is disgusting.
Yea, I remember this one, it was ugly.

As far as the match vs Kotov, some bookies would pay out bets on Kotov since their rules don't take into account who retired, rather who was the final winner. I'm guessing Karatsev knows pretty well which bookies do that lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts