Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats Cedrik-Marcel :worship: Up to #81 in the rankings now.

This was actually a very close match in the beginning, Stebe had to save some BPs while Sela was holding more comfortably. Then the German suddenly broke at 3-2* and from then on he started rolling and Sela started to make more errors. In the 2nd set Stebe broke right at the start of the set (after saving a BP in his opening service game) and then had three chances for a double break at 4-1*, didn't take them and had to save another BP in his following service game.
Stebe got broken to love when serving for the match at 5-3 (hitting a DF at 0-40). Fortunately he broke to love for the match then at 5-4.
And another thing I noticed: Stebe improved his serve dramatically. I mean compare it now to what it looked like during the summer. Yesterday against Andi Beck he hit 12 aces (Beck only 4, and he is also a good server) and 6 today.
About the match quality, I think it was very good. Sela didn't play that bad imo and the match was closer than the scoreline would suggest.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I think Cedrik deserved it a lot for a whole year on a challenger tour. He was very solid, I like the way he played.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Come on cedrik. Hopefully you will have a great future. Just too good this week, after the first Match! :worship:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The one redeeming feature of round robin is that it allows for a player to gain confidence. Stebe lost to Sela, had a tough match with Bachinger, and then cruised past Machado. Then he took out Beck in a tight match, and then beat Sela to complete the circle. A nice turnaround, I'd say.

·
Registered
19,624 Posts
Disappointing performance by Dudi. :(
First time I've ever seen Stebe playing: I'm not really impressed, I would call him a ballbasher more than anything else.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Bravo for winning this Stebe

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Great win for Cedrik in the end. Played his best matches at the end of the tournament and grew with confidence. He can only get better from here.

·
Not exactly average.
1,036 Posts
Future GOAT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts