Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was better to post on tennisforum. Many breaks of serve and most of the times a pushfest.

ITF level match.

Kudla was in trouble almost in every service-game and he looked not in the mood for a SF.

Smith was the better player for 1.5 sets [he lead 6-2 *3-1]

Out of nowhere Kudla broke him back in 2nd set [at 30], but still he struggled to hold serve.

Smith wasted 3 or 4 bp at 4-3 in second set and again had 30-0 on Kudla's serve at 5-4*.

Kudla managed to stay in this match and held to 30 [broke Smith serve and served for 2nd set].

Momentum shifts for Denis and he breaks Smith in first game of third set. Fails to hold and Smith back on serve.

Smith breaks himself from 30-0 [Kudla held and made 3-1*]

Next game Kudla had the chance to extend his lead to *4-1 [but 0-40 wasn't enough for a break of serve]

Both held their serve and its *4-3 for Kudla who 'feels' its the time for another donation on serve.

Smith back on serve and holds for 5-4*. I thought its over for Denis [and his miserable serving] but he said 'not yet'.

A great game on return [broke Smith to 0] and Kudla serves for it. 0-15 15-15 30-15 and then Kudla back to choking ways. 3 points in a row for Smith and we have a tie-break.

Kudla started the tie-break with a mini-break but he gave 2 back in exchange:worship:

Another mini and its 2all. 3-2* for Smith - 3-3* - *3-4 *4-4 and a long rally gives Kudla the mini he needed.

Two points on serve [with two good first serves] and its over. Thank God:bowdown:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Smith attack sometimes and have a good volley but he really looks gilles simon of the poor ...
Have some big mental collapse sometimes

Good fight Kudla , happy for him , just very low consistency today

·
Registered
492 Posts
Kudla was always likely to take this match - I thought either he or Smyczek were favourites for the title. He'll be enjoying getting away from clay as it didn't do him any favours this year, poor decisions really to play the South American and European challengers before the French rather than USTA events.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Thanks MTF journalist for reporting.

Though I bet, watched and won on it. :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had a bet on Kudla midset in the 2nd (odds were 3.75) and watched the whole thing from then on. Such a shitfest :lol:

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Kudla's backhand is very good but his forehand and serve aren't reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts