Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a legend, pure tennis poetry. Served for the match at *5-4, got broken and then lost Fischer's game after what seemed like 10 deuces. Completely lost it, double faulted and hit two UE to gift Fischer three MP's. Then hit some blistering forehands and an ace to wipe them all away.

He also pulled out some Koellerer antics at the end of the third set, must have been a tribute :lol:

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
This ain't the same Muster of last year, or months ago.
This warrior is playing pretty good tennis, serving well and fighting in every point.
Time will tell..

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
The old man still provides entertainment, the crowd were loving his work. The Vienna WC is on and the RG 2012 is happening.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tough match, Muster's unforced errors killed him at big moments in the 3rd set. But I think he should be pretty happy with this result considering he won 2 points in the first set. He is playing so much better than he has played recently, at the start of his comeback he was just moonballing and trying to retrieve, while making a lot of errors and getting completely overpowered. Now he's serving a lot better and hitting some big, aggressive shots, especially on his forehand. I heard he is playing another challenger next week so hopefully he can shake off this loss and improve on this positive result.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Tough match, Muster's unforced errors killed him at big moments in the 3rd set. But I think he should be pretty happy with this result considering he won 2 points in the first set. He is playing so much better than he has played recently, at the start of his comeback he was just moonballing and trying to retrieve, while making a lot of errors and getting completely overpowered. Now he's serving a lot better and hitting some big, aggressive shots, especially on his forehand. I heard he is playing another challenger next week so hopefully he can shake off this loss and improve on this positive result.
Amazing to turn that around and almost win the match.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Hilarious.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
why muster isnt playing in the champions tour?
Because he needs to be in shape to win RG next year and he can't do that playing the old cripples on the Champions Tour :shrug:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The most amazing thing: How much power he gained in the last months. In his first games after the comeback, almost no direct points were possible for him. Now he's controlling a lot of points and causing problems with the power of his shots. It's really unbelievable.

You're the Greatest, Tom. It's really, really sad that you lost in the end. Nevertheless it was an impressive display. :worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
still baffled to why Muster is trying to play again at 40 something, maybe if he had tried in mid 30s I would have understood but at this point??????? i think it would be hilarious if he got a WC into ROland Garros although Silly.... and a bit of a waste of a WC. he must be really bored in regular life, huh???

·
Registered
16 Posts
still baffled to why Muster is trying to play again at 40 something, maybe if he had tried in mid 30s I would have understood but at this point??????? i think it would be hilarious if he got a WC into ROland Garros although Silly.... and a bit of a waste of a WC. he must be really bored in regular life, huh???
Yeah, really a shame if a player loves tournament-tennis and doesn't want to play vs. the old guys on a "Champions Tour".

He should have asked you before announcing his comeback, right?

"Silly", yep... but not Muster, if you get my message.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Why is he allowed to play tennis?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts