Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time he played in Roland Garros main draw (2010), losing in 4th round to Djokovic.

Played qualifiers for RG in 2013, 2012 and failed to get a win there.

:sport:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:haha:

Too good Robby, too good

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Bob actually has reached the 4th round of RG and not that long ago. Well done :yeah:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Awww, James. :sad:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
mc gee :hug: :hug:

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Pretty hilarious given his current ranking, of course, but once upon a time he beat former champion Ferrero and took a set off Djokovic, probably the last American who reached the fourth round.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"It feels unbelievable," a smiling Ginepri said after his semifinal win. "I knew the situation the entire week and every match had more and more build-up and anxiety. Coming out here this morning I was a little tight but had a 6-1 first set which helped, then got down a couple of breaks in the second set but hung around mentally."

"I’m thrilled to go back to Paris, it’s a special place for me," the 31-year-old said. Then he joked: "I’ve said this in press conferences there, but I think they named RG after me – Robby Ginepri – not Roland Garros."

"It’s a big accomplishment especially with all of the injuries and ups and downs I’ve had, said Ginepri, who was a US Open semifinalist in 2005. Last year and the year before I was contemplating retiring, so if this week didn’t go well I could have pulled the trigger on that as well. This is a good reward and I’m definitely eager to work as hard as I can leading into the French and fight hard."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts