Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fischer won 7 more overall points and was actually around +10-12 overall points until the middle of the third set. Ivo saved a lot of close serve games with aces and first serves.

Fischer led the third set *1-0 30-15 and in the breaker *4-1, 5-*2 and *5-4, and had MPs at 6-*5 and 8-*7 in the tiebreaker. Normally I'd be happy as I like Karlovic but I'm not that pleased, because I don't want Ivo to win this event as he's already top 100, and doesn't need the points. But he earned a tough win here and deserves praise for hanging in when behind.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, Ivo hit 22 aces, but won "only" 65% of service points. In comparison, Fischer won 72% of service points.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Every time Karlovic wins, tennis loses. This guy should be banned from holding a racquet.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Original post fails to point out that Ivo came back from a break down in the 3rd, how often does that happen!!!

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes he was, just included it into the OP ;)

It's a very good battling win for Ivo. Especially considering this is a challenger he could have packed it in and gone home but that didn't happen, and he deserves tons of credit.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
No way Fischer was serving at 2-0 up in the third because Ivo was serving first in that set. And also, if he had a match point at 7-6 in the breaker, he was on serve, not Ivo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts