Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty close 1st set for Sock's current form, but was taken apart in the 2nd set. He has a long way to go to get to where he wants to be.

Solid play from Blake. Hopefully he can get his ranking up so he's not looking at a Top 5 player in the 2nd round of Melbourne.

·
Registered
68,592 Posts
jack :hug: nice match.keep going!

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
:eek: Jack Suck losing to washed up Blake pretty much sums up this new generation. I have a feeling in 4 years, ATP slams will turn into a mugathons just like WTA ones. No talent, fluke slam winner every time and a ranking mess :eek:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Sock is overrated I'm afraid. I think he's being pushed into the spotlight because US tennis doesn't have a whole lot right now. Anyway, they should be focusing on The Don :yeah:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
:eek: Jack Suck losing to washed up Blake pretty much sums up this new generation. I have a feeling in 4 years, ATP slams will turn into a mugathons just like WTA ones. No talent, fluke slam winner every time and a ranking mess :eek:
I go with you. tennis gets worse

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Pretty close 1st set for Sock's current form, but was taken apart in the 2nd set. He has a long way to go to get to where he wants to be.

Solid play from Blake. Hopefully he can get his ranking up so he's not looking at a Top 5 player in the 2nd round of Melbourne.
You seriously believe Blake is going to be seeded for australia? If he gets direct entrance into the draw it will be a good thing for him.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
this ain't a slam final Blake got to people so:tape:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You seriously believe Blake is going to be seeded for australia? If he gets direct entrance into the draw it will be a good thing for him.
No, I beleive that about Donald Young though it's a safer bet it happens at the French a year after his career changing tweet.

What I believe about Blake is he gets a high enough ranking so he doesn't run into a Top 5 seed in the 2nd rd. at Australia. Him gaining direct entry is already assured

·
28,821 Posts
No, I beleive that about Donald Young though it's a safer bet it happens at the French a year after his career changing tweet.

What I believe about Blake is he gets a high enough ranking so he doesn't run into a Top 5 seed in the 2nd rd. at Australia. Him gaining direct entry is already assured
To avoid a top 5 seed in the 2nd round he would have to be seeded, that means top 32 in the world, top 35 if you account for withdrawls.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Sock will be a bust or a legend. Hard to tell which yet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts