Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kuznetsov started out the third set with a 3-0* lead, but for various reasons Stepanek was the first one to serve for the match at 5-4, which clearly was a futile attempt. But then, at 4-3* in the tiebreak Stepanek took a way too comfortable break to wash off some dirt, walked back to his place and then suddenly took an injury timeout on the spot :confused:. It wasn't visible on the stream, so no idea what was going on. He then went down 4-6, 6-7, 8-9 and 9-10, saved all five of those MP, but Kuznetsov still managed to win the match :haha:

http://new.livestream.com/ATP/Ostrava2014CentreCourt

Time-out shenanigans start at 2:16:00

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
stepanek really is a disgusting, dirty prick but thats really nothing new.

good the young russian didnt choke completely and lose this.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Epic match that was. Good too see more aggressive player prevailing in the end. Radek was in full pushmode.
Also fluctuation of pre-match odds for Kuznetsov deserves a mention here :)

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Not only disgusting by looks, also disgusting by on-court actics and dating teenage girls.
One of very few top 200 players I dislike.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Surprised Thunder Lips is wasting time playing tennis this week. Thought he'd be out on the prowl 24/7 after the break-up...

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
When you look like Steps you can do what you want. It's called Natural Selection.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
stepanek´s sportmanship :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
although i own "winning ugly" stepaneks on-court behaviour is more than disgusting imho :mad:
Well "winning ugly" has nothing to do with dirty tricks.

Stepanek is like the Keith Richards of tennis, with his cv and charisma, mere mortals are in no position to question his antics.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
:spit: Jealous?
Why would I be jealous? :confused:
I just don't like it. Why does he always have to hunt down some 17,18 year old? Get a woman of your age, for god sake.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Well "winning ugly" has nothing to do with dirty tricks.

Stepanek is like the Keith Richards of tennis, with his cv and charisma, mere mortals are in no position to question his antics.
I'm a guy so maybe that's why I don't understand the charisma factor he is purported to possess. Usually ladies men are the type of guy other guys would like to be. But I don't see this with Stepanek. If he was dating supermodels and other hot women I'd say yeah, he's the man. He's a ladies man. but he's dating much younger, impressionable, socially strunted tennis players, none of whom would be classified by mainstream society as "hot" with the possible exception of Hingis, but she is no model type. Maybe if he was dating Pannetta or a really hot female player, but not the one's he's had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts