Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best of matches. Very strong wind conditions and both players made quite a few errors. But Simone improved as the match went on, for the most part, was the better player overall, and got the victory. Very important win for Simone, as he is now ranked provisionally #110 and has the opportunity next week to re-enter the top 100 for the first time in over a year. He looks a lot more focused and positive on court and seems like he cares now, which is most important and the sky is the limit for him.

A good week for Blaz too, making the final while not playing his best tennis. Hopefully both he and Simone use this tournament to launch their seasons forward.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The change in attitude is definitely encouraging--like you said, he actually looks like he cares, lately. The listless air of dejection seems to have gone, and I hope it doesn't come back. Coincidentally, this perk in attitude seems to have coincided with the vanishing of his wedding ring... *eyebrow waggle*

·
Registered
582 Posts
He won the tournament without losing a set as expected, because there weren't any good players in the tourney. Simone was at least 3 classes above the rest of the field. And for once, he delivered.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Happy for Bolelli. Hope that he can build on it, but I don't except it to be honest, I lost all my faith in him to be a regular top 50 player...

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
nicely done Superbol

hopefully another good week in Santiago

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
He won the tournament without losing a set as expected, because there weren't any good players in the tourney. Simone was at least 3 classes above the rest of the field. And for once, he delivered.
but you know him, he can lose to anyone. This is big that he was able to convert here without too much drama at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts