Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened?!

He better have broken a leg, damn. Had 3 tries to just swing for 4 shots, whatever it was.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
He was walking around normally right after it happened but after he sat down, he had to be carried off. This is the stuff of nightmares.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On match point...

stretcher or not, go over there and make one underarm serve, no?

Damn, thats terrible

edit: ah okay it was deuce then.

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
That was nasty, hope he recovers fast.
He was walking around normally right after it happened but after he sat down, he had to be carried off. This is the stuff of nightmares.
Something like this happened to me in a football match. Immediately after, I even tried to keep playing, but 2-3 minutes later I just couldn't step on my foot. I guess it's the adrenaline.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It looked like a really nasty ankle sprain :/
Very unlucky...

·
Registered
22,590 Posts
Horrible, hope it's not too bad. He deserves to get into the top 100

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Thats the kind of thing where even if he had been able to carry on and win the game there would be no chance of playing tomorrow when it swells up. poor guy.

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
stretcher or not, go over there and make one underarm serve, no?
What's the point of winning if you can't compete in the next round? Might as well let the opponent advance. Maybe in a bigger tournament it would make sense, but here, the points and money that he would win are insignificant.
Anyway, I don't even think O'Connell had a choice here.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the point of winning if you can't compete in the next round? Might as well let the opponent advance. Maybe in a bigger tournament it would make sense, but here, the points and money that he would win are insignificant.
Anyway, I don't even think O'Connell had a choice here.
ranking points and a W instead of an L in the win column.

next round wouldnt matter after withdrawing.

i guess if it was MP up DB, me as opponent, would tell him to make a serve, i wouldnt return it.. if i felt hopeless anyway.

·
Registered
22,590 Posts
Gimeno Valero just beat Bagnis 6-0 6-2 lol

·
Premium Member
ИДЕМО НОЛЕ
10,744 Posts
Well today Gimeno Valero defeated Bagnis 6/0 6/2....

Would it have happened in Russia, I would have called for a trick of Russian Mafia....

·
Premium Member
ИДЕМО НОЛЕ
10,744 Posts
Well today Gimeno Valero defeated Bagnis 6/0 6/2....

Would it have happened in Russia, I would have called for a trick of Russian Mafia....
That said Bagnis should play Sardignia Open qualies so I can understand scoreline.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Wow, Bagnis is such a good challenger player. Might be fatigue for been champion last monday on Biella challenger.
By the way, Gimeno Valero is training at Ferrer's academy at the moment

1 - 20 of 21 Posts