Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The match result is almost irrelevant to Kuerten at this point - he's taking the chance to say goodbye to his fans.

Clearly he's hampered with the hip problems in the match and can no longer realistically compete so in this match and in the ones that follow, what I will be focused on is his opportunity for the fans to pay their respects to him.

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts
Always good to see Guga anywhere, anytime, even if the result is not favorable like today.

One of a kind, and forever loved. :hatoff:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I thought I was ready for Guga's retirement after all these years that he's hampered by the hip problems.

But I am not. :bigcry:

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Enjoy your last matches Guga, hopefully he is not in pain.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely an emotional moment for him to say goodbye to his home tournament and fans.

·
F***ing have it
17,589 Posts
:wavey:

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Apparently he could barely move in the second set:sad: He gave all he had, we can still be proud of him:hug:...

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Guga... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Such a lovely person. So sad to have to watch him like *this*, being barely able to move, crying - at least true tennis fans will never forget him.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Guga cried in the end of the match
It was very sad, I had tears in my eyes :sad:... He played so many unforgettable matches in the last 10 years :D
We'll miss him.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
The most loved player...and classiest player (to fans and opponents)...the beginning of....:sad::sad::sad: his farewell tour.

Had he not had the hip problems, Guga would have:

1. Ended the year #1 the year Hewitt first ended the year #1
2. Ended Rafa's clay court streak,
3. Still be in the top 10 in the world.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
He cried before and after the match... his speech was something that I can't explain... if I cried now, imagine when he does his last match at Paris :scared:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Guga is really suffering with the injury... you can see in his expression the effort he is doing just to say goodbye to the crowd... his body can't handle it anymore :sad:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Does anyone have a video link to his saying goodbye? Please.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
He cried? noooooooo :bigcry:

Guga thanks 4 the memories, you genius :worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
One of the greatest guys tennis has ever seen :worship:
He will be missed. :sad:

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Guga :sad: :sad: :sad:

He's been my favorite player since 97, i still can't get the idea of the retirement :awww:

Guga, thanks for all the great matches :worship:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well done Guga!!!. Will never forget your FO triumphs and your beautiful one handed Backhand.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts