Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
marcels terrible season continues. dont know what the problem was

good little run for damir here though

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Damir into the quarterfinal, to secure Roland Garros spot, rest doesn't matter :)
:cool:

You guys from MTF, who understimate Damir, should watch it and see what this little Bosnian can do on court, I can only be sad it lasted some 20 minutes only, genial display! Roland Garros is coming :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well done Dzumi..Looked good. I hope that soon on MTF he will be included among the young upcoming stars. Very few times has he been mentioned among the group of up and coming youngsters in the world of tennis on this site or anywhere for that matter.

I really think he is not a type of player who will play well one year and then dissapear off the radar. He will be part of ATP tour for years to come, IMO.

Go Dzumiiiiii :worship:

·
MONSOON season.
82,048 Posts
Marcel :hug: :sad: A loss was expected, but not a retirement.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Well done Dzumi..Looked good. I hope that soon on MTF he will be included among the young upcoming stars. Very few times has he been mentioned among the group of up and coming youngsters in the world of tennis on this site or anywhere for that matter.

I really think he is not a type of player who will play well one year and then dissapear off the radar. He will be part of ATP tour for years to come, IMO.

Go Dzumiiiiii :worship:
He's not that young anymore. In a year or two he won't even be a young gun. His physical limitations destroy the potential hype before it even starts.

Dzumhur, like Schwartzman (same generation) is too short. Their serves are very weak, and that's why they'll never be in TOP20 IMO.

·
Registered
125 Posts
He's not that young anymore. In a year or two he won't even be a young gun. His physical limitations destroy the potential hype before it even starts.

Dzumhur, like Schwartzman (same generation) is too short. Their serves are very weak, and that's why they'll never be in TOP20 IMO.
Height is not so big issue as many people think. Tennis is afterall mainly technical game, everything else comes second to that. And there are tall guys with bad services,for sure he will never serve good as Karlovic but there is no reason not to develop other aspects of his game. Top 100 entry is already huge success.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

come on now, just because he is short doesnt mean he cant do great things. he has to fix his serve for sure but look at goffin, look at ferrer, look at nishikori ,look at simon. none of those guys are huge and they are still all very good and have cracked top 20 and in 3 of those cases top 10

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well done Damir. One of big win for him.

Of course, Damir is not big, but we have more tennis player who played good and they are make excellent results in pro tennis, like of Ferrer, Simon, Nishikori etc. He can fix your serve, but we are sure he never serve good as Karlovic, Raonic... but he can serve better and he can upgrade your baseliner shot.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Gruntollers should retire. Awful 2015.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Go Dzumiiiiii

If 22 (will turn 23 end of May) is not young then I dont know what is young any more. Tennis career now goes easily into he mid 30s if the player is motivated to still work at that point, so one would not be wrong to say that Damir has barely started his tennis career and I truly truly hope that he will be top 20 at some point in his career. What he needs is to mature mentally which he is slowly doing, his game is beautiful and his height plays little to no role in his game style.

I have not watched Schwartzman as much, so cannot comment on that, but Damir will certainly leave his mark on the world of tennis and a lot of people will know about him when he retires in a decade or more from now..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts