Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
22,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

It was pretty much this all throughout the match, absolutely ridiculous shotmaking from Ouahab, what a show, what a trashing :worship:

6-0 in sets against Haase now :worship:

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
More talented player won.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Ouahab is so talented, Haase was passive and couldn't dictate any rally.

Glorious result

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,599 Posts
Ouahab was super good and fun to watch. Always had you guessing what he was going to do next, a LOT of drop shots, and successful a majority of the time. Loved that pt in your first gif, Chris - I felt for Haas on that pt - "What must I do to win a pt?" Basically Ouahab was on top of every pt and Haase just couldn't crack the code. Haase also tried too many IO FHs from way back in the Ad court. You need a very good angle, otherwise you're sitting duck for the DTL BH, which would be a winner or short reply and this happened so many times throughout to Ouahab's favour. Nice to see the crowd enjoyed it as much as Ouahab did.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
its hilarious that haase is 0-3 and 0-6 in sets against him now

i know its off topic but in speaking of moroccan players where is reda el amrani?. i know he was injured for a long time but last i heard he was trying to come back and i remember seeing him playing a couple matches in his return but i havent seen him for a while

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
The impression was that Ouahab was toying with him for the majority of the match and he was pulling out some winners efortlesly. Dominance

Also, dutch tennis having a blast today

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
pathetic from haase, he don`t want to win for sure...

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,599 Posts
The impression was that Ouahab was toying with him for the majority of the match and he was pulling out some winners efortlesly. Dominance

Also, dutch tennis having a blast today
Definitely felt like Ouahab's tennis IQ was superb in that match, playing clever but composed tennis. I think Federer could appreciate what Ouahab was able to do, constructing points efficiently without resorting to pure raw power or endless defense. He knew exactly the types of buttons to press on the court to irritate Haase and leave him clueless, and it worked out really well for him. :worship:

·
Bring it Home
20,645 Posts
Wow, I din't watched the match, but looked like a blatant tank from those points, specially the 2nd. :eek:

What were Ouahab's odds?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It is a bad matchup for Haase style wise. Ouahab didn't get dragged into many long points. He attacked Haase's bh and made him shank a lot of balls. He varied his shots between touch and power and he even moved pretty well. He was getting to shots that looked like they were winners from Haase. Ouahab still looks too heavy, but I guess some of that is body type - like a Michael Berrer. It would be great if he can win at least another match here.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts