Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Routine win for dude with flowers. Almagro please, take this title home.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Too bad Ouahab lost in the quarters, I think Vesely would be a great matchup for him.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
It just looks so strange and disturbing to see GBR or VB (Velika Britanija in our language) next to Bedene's name :facepalm:

We've been waiting basicaly from the starts of tennis as a game (like 100 years) to produce a top 150 player and when we finaly get three players, one of them packs and goes abroad. We only have Kavcic now (looks like Zemlja is done).
:awww:

·
Registered
68,069 Posts
well done "vesley" :bowdown:

aljaz though :hug: it was a nice chance here

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
We've been waiting basicaly from the starts of tennis as a game (like 100 years) to produce a top 150 player and when we finaly get three players, one of them packs and goes abroad. We only have Kavcic now (looks like Zemlja is done).
Blaz Rola as well.

·
Registered
11,765 Posts
It just looks so strange and disturbing to see GBR or VB (Velika Britanija in our language) next to Bedene's name :facepalm:

You still have Rola who should be a solid top 100 player if he can find some consistency.

I like Bedene and while I can understand Slovenians being disappointed with his decision, he's doing it for the right reasons. It's not like Britain paid him money to switch nationalities. :shrug:

I didn't see the match today but Bedene has had a good week and hopefully he's getting his confidence back after all his problems in 2014. :yeah:

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

Would have been even stranger to have Djokovic under a GB flag, something that was close to actually happening back in 2006. Thankfully it didn't happen.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
the real Czech #2 beating comfortably the (new) real British #2

NID
:haha:

·
Registered
900 Posts
You still have Rola who should be a solid top 100 player if he can find some consistency.

I like Bedene and while I can understand Slovenians being disappointed with his decision, he's doing it for the right reasons. It's not like Britain paid him money to switch nationalities. :shrug:

I didn't see the match today but Bedene has had a good week and hopefully he's getting his confidence back after all his problems in 2014. :yeah:
What are those reasons? I thought there was just one - money. Why beating around the bush...

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Yes, I forgot Rola.
Still, a big loss but we just have to accept it and work with what we got left. Still way better than some ten years ago when highest ranked slovenian was Tkalec just inside top 300. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts