Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pathetic stuff from AHM. Struggling with every single service game. He had a opportunity to get back on serve when Dzumhur was serving for a match but of course couldn't convert BP on 2nd serve.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
been a good week for damir. given his form im not sure marcel would have beaten him even if he was healthy

damir is kind of like the forgotten youngster, no one talks about him

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
If Klizan doesn't win here :haha:

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Pathetic stuff from AHM. Struggling with every single service game. He had a opportunity to get back on serve when Dzumhur was serving for a match but of course couldn't convert BP on 2nd serve.
Pathetic stuff indeed :eek:

been a good week for damir. given his form im not sure marcel would have beaten him even if he was healthy

damir is kind of like the forgotten youngster, no one talks about him
Because he hasn't done anything on the main tour prior to this event. Personally I haven't even seen him play before today.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Because he hasn't done anything on the main tour prior to this event. Personally I haven't even seen him play before today.
He has been in 3rd round of AO already, before so well remembered young guns like Coric or Zverev.

@down: Fair enough.

·
MONSOON season.
82,305 Posts
He has been in 3rd round of AO already, before so well remembered young guns like Coric or Zverev.
To be fair, Dzumhur was 21 when he reached the AO third round.

Coric is 18 and Zverev is 17. It's not weird that Dzumhur isn't mentioned alongside them, because he is not that young a prodigy anymore.

Anyways, I like Damir and think he has a great game that could translate well to all courts, even if he should do best on clay. My first time seeing him play was on grass and I was pleasantly surprised by his performance (i.e. he won a match on his first attempt, when no one thought he could handle the surface). I wasn't expecting him to send AHM packing so easily :hatoff:

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Džumhur and Gimeno Traver in semifinals.
Talking about a joke ATP 250 event :lol:

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
really disappointing from AHM here

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh well..so many Dzumhur doubters on here, but the important is that he is coming into his own. Does not get WCs for tournaments like Coric or Zverev, has had to pave his own path to the big leagues, therefore all the more respect to him, altough I think Coric is also a great young player. Not so sure about Zverev at this point, I dont really follow him that much nor do I think that he has strung a series of results so far...

In any case, it will be fun to watch Damir tomorrow.

Go Dzumiiiiiii

·
23,941 Posts
Džumhur and Gimeno Traver in semifinals.
Talking about a joke ATP 250 event :lol:
A bit low girl, especially it's nice for Bosnian & Herzegovnian tennis to have someone reach a Semis in ATP level, and, he is their #1.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Oh well..so many Dzumhur doubters on here, but the important is that he is coming into his own. Does not get WCs for tournaments like Coric or Zverev, has had to pave his own path to the big leagues, therefore all the more respect to him, altough I think Coric is also a great young player. Not so sure about Zverev at this point, I dont really follow him that much nor do I think that he has strung a series of results so far...

In any case, it will be fun to watch Damir tomorrow.

Go Dzumiiiiiii

I don't get why people keep comparing Dzumhur with Coric? Dzumhur is 4.5 years older then Coric is and Coric already did more, ofc he gonna get WCs. Do you compare Djokovic with Dimitrov? About Dzumhur, he could be top50 at some point, but i think that is his maximum. But that still would be great anyways. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's a big win for Damir. I didn't watch this match beacuse I was been in school. But I later watched highlights and I can see that Damir had more good points.

Today against Klizan. Klizan is favorite, but i think Damir that can play with him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts