Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great opening match to start the clay season, with a seasoned veteran against a young opponent who also likes the red stuff. IMO, Pablo might have the 'purest' clay game around. I think Berlocq was listed as the favourite entering this match, but Pablo gave him a good run for his money even if he did fail to close the match having MP in the TB.

Moves extremely well has a good mix of defense and offense and not afraid to take the ball out of the air early either - an essential tool for any claycourter. Overall a very effective and aesthetic style of play! Unfortunately got tired in the third set but showed class and courage to fend off 4 MPs at the end.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disgusting choke.
Does every MP not converted need to be called a choke? Yes, it was a routine FH that sailed long on MP for Pablo, and that happens at times even to the best of players - see Nadal 5th set AO missed an 'easy' BH passing shot. But I felt apart from that moment, Pablo showed some real poise in that match, especially that third set, keeping it as close as he could even though the momentum swung against him. Very impressive in staving off a set point in set 2, and then 4 MPs in set 3.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
think spain should be seriously alarmed that they dont have any young players coming up to take over once the current guaqrd retires. pablo is the best young player they have and he's not even that good himself

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
seriously, pablo :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
:sport: it wasn't easy, but a win is a win. Thankfully I picked Almagro to win in R2...

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
Outbollocksed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts