Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,

Anyone has seen what happen ? Sandgren breaks on first game off the match .
In second game after Eubanks cames back to 40 40 , a ball looks to came in Sandgren face , and after he looks he shoots all in power on ballboy .... not sure because was not in camera ...
[1] Tennys Sandgren (USA) vs Christopher Eubanks (USA) on Livestream for see drama

Was needed point for get MD in australian open for Sandgren ...

·
Your visions will happen
53,716 Posts
Guys need to stop assaulting line people or ball people with their anger, enough is enough. If you are mad, smash a racquet into the ground right in front of you, keep others out of your line of fire

·
Your visions will happen
53,716 Posts

·
Registered
62,747 Posts
Guys need to stop assaulting line people or ball people with their anger, enough is enough. If you are mad, smash a racquet into the ground right in front of you, keep others out of your line of fire
one of many reasons the big fines/penalties for racquet smashes are so dumb. they're harmless, the much more lightly regulated ball-hitting is not.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Why in godsname did he do that?
Because a ball kid bumped a ball into him? Why would you even smash that ball away with force. He immediately knew he fucked up and was going to be defaulted and was quite calm by the looks of it, so I don't understand why he smashed the ball away...

·
Your visions will happen
53,716 Posts
Why in godsname did he do that?
Because a ball kid bumped a ball into him? Why would you even smash that ball away with force. He immediately knew he fucked up and was going to be defaulted and was quite calm by the looks of it, so I don't understand why he smashed the ball away...
Mentally very weak from him to already be smacking a ball away in anger at deuce in the 2nd game of the match, it is way too early for that, even in a best of 3

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
A moment of madness, and probably a bit of bad luck for the whole situation starting. At least he seemed very accepting of the process and the outcome, he knew.

It's one of them things that could really happen to a lot of players, as posters above alluded to, players put themselves at risk of these types of incidents a lot, in flashes of anger or frustration. Let us hope both Tennys and maybe some other players take a lesson from it - but chances are we'll see something similar with another player in a few months.

Wouldn't expect anything more than the usual penalties for a default. (rightly so I'd add)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Looking at the video I don't think Tennys was hurt: he was more just annoyed at the ball kid's slight mistake (which the kid immediately apologised for). It doesn't seem like Tennys apologised to the line official though EDIT actually no he does apologise sorry.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Just bizarre all around. It's bad luck to get hit in the nuts by a ball but it's not really a reason to hit a ball in anger. It's also odd that in the second game being up a break his fuse is already so short. Sure, if you've been playing like crap and are losing I could see the ball being the straw that broke the camel's back as they say, but second game, really Tennys?

Reactions: Javi
1 - 20 of 51 Posts