Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

· Super Moderator | Games Czar
Diego Schwartzman, Novak Djokovic, Dominic Thiem, Stan Wawrinka
4,588 Posts
Carlos Alcaraz becomes the first ever teenaged World Number 1 (at 19Y 4M 7D), breaking the record of youngest ever World Number 1, previously held by Lleyton Hewitt.

29th Computer World Number 1
31st World Number 1 of the Open Era.

View attachment 386186
Who besides Vilas was world number 1 but missed by the computer rankings?

· Onwards and Upwards!
Andy Murray
47,251 Posts
World #1 with only 6740 points and a lucky as fuck tournament :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Man, Djokovic being screwed over constantly this year and Wimbledon being complete idiots has really ended up causing something hilarious to happen, and not in a good way.

Fingers crossed it's a short reign. The insufferable hype will be tiring otherwise.

· Registered
17,026 Posts
With the lowest point total ever, I would assume. So obviously this is partially due to the COVID and Wimbledon situations, but it was always going to happen within a year or so for Alcaraz anyway. His game/mentality is so far above any of his age peers.

· Registered
14,741 Posts
The achievement is shadowed by the fact Nadal would've been the number 1 with his Wimbledon points
You should have shadowed that math teacher a bit more, mate.

· Onwards and Upwards!
Andy Murray
47,251 Posts
The achievement is shadowed by the fact Nadal would've been the number 1 with his Wimbledon points
This achievement is shadowed by the fact that Djokovic was completely screwed this year by idiotic governments and their urge for control and power, putting stupid laws and rules in place that don't make any sense. Take away all of the fuckery and Djokovic is still #1.

· Premium Member
4,959 Posts
With the lowest point total ever, I would assume. So obviously this is partially due to the COVID and Wimbledon situations, but it was always going to happen within a year or so for Alcaraz anyway. His game/mentality is so far above any of his age peers.
Looks like the lowest total since the system changed to what it is now (since 2009)

Maybe @Slasher1985 could add a points-equivalent for previous systems for easier comparison

· Rankings Master
20,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
4,956 Posts
Alcaraz is going to go on a run of Slams similar to Federer (2004-2007). His game is too complete and he will only get better. You really have to go back to the Fed era to find a player so far above his age related peers which is why I think Alcaraz is destined for some big slam totals.

Hard courts he’s very good.
Clay he’s great.
Wimbledon I think he will be very good there due to his net skills.

The new debate will be “Is Alcaraz a GOAT or is his era weak”. Same thing Fed got

· Onwards and Upwards!
Andy Murray
47,251 Posts
Alcaraz is going to go on a run of Slams similar to Federer (2004-2007). His game is too complete and he will only get better. You really have to go back to the Fed era to find a player so far above his age related peers which is why I think Alcaraz is destined for some big slam totals.

Hard courts he’s very good.
Clay he’s great.
Wimbledon I think he will be very good there due to his net skills.

The new debate will be “Is Alcaraz a GOAT or is his era weak”. Same thing Fed got
I mean, the two best players during this era outside of him are old men Nadal and Djokovic who are shadows of their former selves, who Alcaraz struggled to beat earlier in the year. Absolutely this is a weak era.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts