Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just made 15 yo but he needs a thread. He's from 2003.

He's ranked 1404 on the ATP, he's got 2 points. He beat Federico Gaio which is bonkers at his age. He won the U14 invitation Lacoste on the O2 last year against Boscardin Dias after beating Nardi and Pinnington Jones (hardcourt) and won the U16 grade 1 on clay here in Spain.

He's got a very good serve and backhand for his age, forehand needs improvements. I haven't been able to watch him a lot, but I like his dropshots too.

He's ranked 200th in the world in juniors, he arrived to semifinals of a Grade 1 Junior Tournament in Casablanca.

He just won last week the Spanish Cadet title without losing a set all tournament beating Pablo Llamas, Mario Gonzalez and Max Alcala on the way to it (which is pretty impressive, you will hear those names on the junior circuit soon enough, especially the first two, Daniel Rincon is the other one that's good).

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lost against Davidovich Fokina today in an exhibition.

6-2 7-6 (5) on the loss. Yesterday he beat Hugo Chaves 6-2 6-4 (he's ranked 1600 on the world)

Match starts at 2 hours and 20 min.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Alcaraz Garfia won his first Challenger match in Alicante 02.04.2019
15 years 10 months 28 days, AMAZING NEW RECORD!

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Alcaraz Garfia won his first Challenger match in Alicante 02.04.2019
15 years 10 months 28 days, AMAZING NEW RECORD!
I just saw this on the ATP Challenger site. I was really impressed and happy. Spain needs some young tennis players to come up now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wins another against Sakharov.

Having that FH at 15 should not be legal.

Serve is his weak point, but man. What a prospect.

Time to learn tomorrow in the match against Pedro Martinez. Hoping that he can put up a battle, hopefully he can get to 4 games in each set.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will be interesting to see Carlos on the junior slams at grass and hardcourts, because his movement on clay is something else, and that should be negated on those courts.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know where he is playing now?
He starts RG Juniors today, got a tough draw with Andreev in the 3rd round if he gets there, he has a WC for a challenger in Milan in two weeks, then he plays the warmup to wimbledon juniors and Wimby juniors.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Update: He lost in the SF of an M25 in Martos, Spain in June. He won an M25 in Denia, Spain in July. He played in the L'Aquila CH in Aug., but lost in the 2nd Rd. He played in the Mallorca CH, but lost in the 1st Rd in Aug. I have no idea where he is now?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: He lost in the SF of an M25 in Martos, Spain in June. He won an M25 in Denia, Spain in July. He played in the L'Aquila CH in Aug., but lost in the 2nd Rd. He played in the Mallorca CH, but lost in the 1st Rd in Aug. I have no idea where he is now?
Will play the Sevilla challenger, then the Firenze challenger and the Barcelona CH.

They wanto to asses his level to see if he can win matches at this level consistently.

Next year, with the new calendar they should start with the CHs 50, which should be perfect for Carlos.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Will play the Sevilla challenger, then the Firenze challenger and the Barcelona CH.

They wanto to asses his level to see if he can win matches at this level consistently.

Next year, with the new calendar they should start with the CHs 50, which should be perfect for Carlos.
Great news and thank you for telling me this :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts