1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
47,430 Posts
Spanish UTR League?

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
We need to wait to see how he performs at grand slams and his consistency in the long-run. It is too early to make an assessment. We have seen the cases of Chung, Janowicz, Munar, Fokina, etc., shining for a moment, and they are nowhere to be found now.

Hope he improves his ranking to play grand slams and other big events. He is at 318, right now. Nevertheless, it is a good result against 26 ranked de Minaur.

·
Your visions will happen
47,430 Posts
We need to wait to see how he performs at grand slams and his consistency in the long-run. It is too early to make an assessment. We have seen the cases of Chung, Janowicz, Munar, Fokina, etc., shining for a moment, and they are nowhere to be found now.

Hope he improves his ranking to play grand slams and other big events. He is at 318, right now. Nevertheless, it is a good result against 26 ranked de Minaur.
Not for me. I saw enough already in the Golden Swing in Feb. I already see him winning slams. I never bought into any of the above players. For me this kid is the real deal and will be the one to take the torch of Spanish tennis from Rafa for the next 10-15 years

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Love Munar but he doesn't have even 1/4 of the talent that Alcaraz has.

We'll see what the future holds for Alcaraz, but I would be very surprised if he's not a top 10 player in 2 years.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts

You make absolutely no sense. No one hyped Munar or Fokina. Wtf?

Janowicz succumbed to injuries.

Chung is very very good but also constantly hurt.

As for OP,

Alcaraz, another dream talent off the Diamond Gen.

Reactions: -Dominator-

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
No need to wait to properly judge his true strength. Young players either have game or they do not and for Alcaraz the former is true. Extremely strong player.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
He looks 2 or 3 years away from contending for Slam titles which is encouraging considering the dearth of talent that came in the years before him.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
That’s a great result. The last 17 year old I can find that beat a top 30 player was when Shapavolov beat Kyrgios in the Canadian Masters back in 2016

1 - 13 of 13 Posts