Seeded players (all 32 seeds will get a bye in R1)Qualifying draw: Monday, March 10, 2008, TBA
Main draw: Tuesday, March 11, 2008, 1:00 p.m.
Doubles draw: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 6:00 p.m.
You lucky thing! :devil: I was planning on going to Miami this year but I'm preempting it till next year so I can go to the USA/France DC quarterfinal. :rocker2: Hope you have fun in IW. :wavey: Take lots of pics to share with us.I'm pissing myself waiting for the draw. This is the first tournament I'm going to and I want to see what match-ups I might get to see!!!
Federer is still heavy favourite.
The key wil be where Nalbandian and Murray are placed. If neither are in Federer's quarter then I don't see anyone stopping him. He's only going to get better as the tournament progresses (after finally getting some competitive matchplay).
It will be interesting to see if the courts are as slow as last year. Roddick might be helped if they were sped up, but that will also help Federer against either Djokovic or Nadal.
The weather will also be important. If it's as windy as last year, Nadal will have a massive advantage over anyone.
If you think Federer should fear Roddick and Ferrer just as much as Nalbandian and Murray then clearly you don't know much about tennis.if he is the heavy favorite then what difference does it make where the others are placed. last i checked, he was building a case for the "greatest ever". should he be sweating the draw?
First this year, or first ever?I'm pissing myself waiting for the draw. This is the first tournament I'm going to and I want to see what match-ups I might get to see!!!
You and I could start a helpful hints thread for the tournament. But, they keep changing things too. It's so much different now than it was the first year the Tennis Garden opened. And last year there was a bad freeze in the winter, and the bouganvilla died. :crying: That was so sad to see. I hope it's back this year. I think it's a fun, laid back atmosphere. The site is easy to get to and no massive traffic jams. I love to get there just as the gates open and visit all the practice courts before the matches begin.First this year, or first ever?
If you are going to Indian Wells, here are some things you MUST know:
1. Put your sunscreen on BEFORE you get dressed. Then take it and very good lip balm with you to the tournament.
2. Take a small towel to sit on. If you watch matches on the outer courts, or sit on the cement steps at the practice courts, you will thank me.
3. Take a refillable water bottle (if it has a wide opening you might be able to convince a bartender to give you ice for free)
4. Take a hat (in case) and wear comfortable shoes.
5. The days are usually nice, but once the sun goes down and the wind starts swirling the temperature can really drop, so be prepared.