Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exciting times! Everyone in the top100 seems to be able to challenge the big guns. Nevertheless I would like to see Nalbandian and Djokovic in the same half as Federer (for quarterfinals and semifinals respectively).

When will we know the draws? :devil:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm pissing myself waiting for the draw. This is the first tournament I'm going to and I want to see what match-ups I might get to see!!!

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
The tournament website says:
"2008 Main Draws To Be Posted Monday, March 10 (WTA) and Tuesday, March 11 (ATP)"

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Qualifying draw: Monday, March 10, 2008, TBA
Main draw: Tuesday, March 11, 2008, 1:00 p.m.
Doubles draw: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 6:00 p.m.
Seeded players (all 32 seeds will get a bye in R1)

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Djokovic
4. Davydenko

5. Ferrer
6. Roddick
7. Nalbandian
8. Gasquet

9. Blake
10. Berdych
11. Murray
12. Gonzalez

13. Youzhny
14. Mathieu
15. Robredo
16. Cañas

17. Tsonga
18. Baghdatis
19. Moya
20. Karlovic
21. Monaco
22. Ferrero
23. Ljubicic
24. Hewitt

25. Almagro
26. Nieminen
27. Kohlschreiber
28. Chela
29. Stepanek
30. Verdasco
31. Andreev
32. Lopez

next in line: Simon, Starace, Wawrinka, Haas, Tursunov

·
Registered
217 Posts
Put Djokovic and Federer in the same part...so we can check "talent"

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Federer is still heavy favourite.

The key wil be where Nalbandian and Murray are placed. If neither are in Federer's quarter then I don't see anyone stopping him. He's only going to get better as the tournament progresses (after finally getting some competitive matchplay).

It will be interesting to see if the courts are as slow as last year. Roddick might be helped if they were sped up, but that will also help Federer against either Djokovic or Nadal.

The weather will also be important. If it's as windy as last year, Nadal will have a massive advantage over anyone.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
I'm pissing myself waiting for the draw. This is the first tournament I'm going to and I want to see what match-ups I might get to see!!!
You lucky thing! :devil: I was planning on going to Miami this year but I'm preempting it till next year so I can go to the USA/France DC quarterfinal. :rocker2: Hope you have fun in IW. :wavey: Take lots of pics to share with us. :D

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Federer is still heavy favourite.

The key wil be where Nalbandian and Murray are placed. If neither are in Federer's quarter then I don't see anyone stopping him. He's only going to get better as the tournament progresses (after finally getting some competitive matchplay).

It will be interesting to see if the courts are as slow as last year. Roddick might be helped if they were sped up, but that will also help Federer against either Djokovic or Nadal.

The weather will also be important. If it's as windy as last year, Nadal will have a massive advantage over anyone.

if he is the heavy favorite then what difference does it make where the others are placed. last i checked, he was building a case for the "greatest ever". should he be sweating the draw?

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
if he is the heavy favorite then what difference does it make where the others are placed. last i checked, he was building a case for the "greatest ever". should he be sweating the draw?
If you think Federer should fear Roddick and Ferrer just as much as Nalbandian and Murray then clearly you don't know much about tennis.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Curior to see where Roddick will place! I'm hoping he'll meet Federer at some point so we can see just how good he's got.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
First this year, or first ever?

If you are going to Indian Wells, here are some things you MUST know:
1. Put your sunscreen on BEFORE you get dressed. Then take it and very good lip balm with you to the tournament.
2. Take a small towel to sit on. If you watch matches on the outer courts, or sit on the cement steps at the practice courts, you will thank me.
3. Take a refillable water bottle (if it has a wide opening you might be able to convince a bartender to give you ice for free)
4. Take a hat (in case) and wear comfortable shoes.
5. The days are usually nice, but once the sun goes down and the wind starts swirling the temperature can really drop, so be prepared.

Have fun. :)

Reactions: star

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Lalo gets a bye :woohoo:

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,738 Posts
First this year, or first ever?

If you are going to Indian Wells, here are some things you MUST know:
1. Put your sunscreen on BEFORE you get dressed. Then take it and very good lip balm with you to the tournament.
2. Take a small towel to sit on. If you watch matches on the outer courts, or sit on the cement steps at the practice courts, you will thank me.
3. Take a refillable water bottle (if it has a wide opening you might be able to convince a bartender to give you ice for free)
4. Take a hat (in case) and wear comfortable shoes.
5. The days are usually nice, but once the sun goes down and the wind starts swirling the temperature can really drop, so be prepared.

Have fun. :)
You and I could start a helpful hints thread for the tournament. But, they keep changing things too. It's so much different now than it was the first year the Tennis Garden opened. And last year there was a bad freeze in the winter, and the bouganvilla died. :crying: That was so sad to see. I hope it's back this year. I think it's a fun, laid back atmosphere. The site is easy to get to and no massive traffic jams. I love to get there just as the gates open and visit all the practice courts before the matches begin. :)

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
How about helpful hints for TMS Miami, USO, and DC in Winston-Salem? :)

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Yeah lets wait for the usual

Fed, Murray hard draws

Nadal, Roddick cakewalk draw

1 - 20 of 75 Posts