Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennisticker just announced the following:

Canas will miss the Australian Open with a wrist problem that may keep him out for four months.

Does anyone have more information??

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
:sad: sad but true :sobbing:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Will Canas ever get a break?

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
Will Canas ever get a break?
Now....I ask you something...if you were really ambitious (which I'm not saying you aren't), and you're on the edge of the end of your career, what would you do? Try to take advantage of the moment and fight as hard as you can...or give it a rest and let things be as they wanna be?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
i don't thing he'd have gone deep into the tournament anyways. nonetheless sad for him. i guess he'll focus on the clay season.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Four-month recovery for Canas

According to what SportsYA found out, "Willy" is suffering from a wrist tendonitis, for which his doctor will immobilize the affected zone in order to avoid a surgery.

Once again, Guillermo Canas is out of the world circuit. This time, the problem that will leave the Argentine tennis player out of the courts is an injury in the tendon of his left wrist which, although he did not undergo a surgery, will keep him from playing for at least four months.

According to what SportsYA found out, the group of doctors that accompany Cañas (who has already been operated on both wrists) decided to immobilize the affected zone for eight months so that later he can do a two-month rehabilitation, a process which has already been carried out by the doctors of the French Federation, and which has given excellent results.

Anyway, the procedure will not be the same, as in the case of the French, the recovery lasts six months. In this case, however, it is intended that the process be more dynamic for Cañas, current world number 15, so that he can play again in April.

This way, “Willy” will try not to be operated, a possibility that, for now, the doctors are not considering. As a result, the tennis player from Tapiales will miss Australian Open 2008, Buenos Aires Open in February, and the first two Davis Cup rounds.

CREDIT
More information in spanish here

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Phew. Federer and myself wipe our furrowed brows in relief that the mighty Willy Canas will not be a threat in the AO.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
I don't know why he was playing a challanger event when he really needed rest, poor decision by him to play, hopefully he can have a safe and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Maybe this will teach him not to play challengers during the off season when he should be resting like everyone else
It's ironic, I think. He was playing that challenger because he was still counting challenger points from last year in his ranking. Keeping up his ranking would have insured being seeded in AO and other early year tournies. Now he'll not only miss AO but drop in rankings due to having hundreds of points expire in the first quarter of the year, including Miami Masters (355).

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/playerprofiles/pointsbreakdown.asp?player=C433&ss=y

He's paying a heavy price for trying to marginally improve his position.

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Poor Willy, his whole career is dogged by injuries. just as he nears the top ten he always gets injured :sad: but willy is a fighter and he will come back. Vamos Willy!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts