Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were all surprised they only played two slam finals as of now.

With Nadal is severe decline (lost to 100+ ranked player again), and Murray tainting his career, I think this is the match up of the future.

Discuss.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I wish, by far the best matchup in tennis. Sadly I don't think so though, but at least we got a classic.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I also think this is the last we have seen of Roger in a slam final.

Clay is out of the question by far and also on hard courts there are several guys who can outgrind him.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Yes we can, this is by far the best match up in tennis at the moment.

I want more of this.

Please Tennis Gods!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think Roger just blew his last chance to win a slam.

Get used to not seeing him in finals.
Thats what people said last time, and the time before that, and the time before that…

We may see a few more of these finals but not many. Roger isn't consistent enough and can't beat nadal.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I could see one more, but of course it will depend on the draw. I'd love to see a USO final this year between them.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Thats what people said last time, and the time before that, and the time before that…

We may see a few more of these finals but not many. Roger isn't consistent enough and can't beat nadal.
He's 33 next month, the time before that was 2 years ago.

He had a great draw and played a great final but he's not going to get better at 33, only decline.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I think Roger just blew his last chance to win a slam.

Get used to not seeing him in finals.
Agreed it will be harder with every passing month for Roger to contend in slams. He turns 33 in a month. In case any of you don't realise, in tennis that's retirement age.

He had his best chance of going to 18 here, I think Sampras was right when he predicted that Federer would finish his career with 16--17 slams. He must also be relieved that his record of 7 Wimbledons in the modern era remains unbroken.

We now wait to see if Nadal can win a 15th slam as 17 is the target.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I think it's unlikely we will see one again, but would be a real treat if it did happen these 2 match-up really well against each other.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Federer is a long way passed his prime, it's unlikely he'll make any more slam finals unless draws open up favourably. That being said, he's closer to retirement than his prime years and he still almost beat Djokovic so you never know.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I wish, by far the best matchup in tennis. Sadly I don't think so though, but at least we got a classic.

If this was Rafa you would be posting non stop about easy draw. But because its Fed its ok.

The only slam final they could repeat today in Wimby 15. Because Rafa cant play on grass. Murray is lost, maybe he can recover.

Nole is still consistent all around. Berdych has decline, Tsona the same. Ferrer inst a grass guy. Stan is a 1 fluke wonder.

Roanic, Dimitrov and Kei are still inconsisten.

So next year if Fed is still up to it he and Nole could repeat this final.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
I thought this was a thread from 2007

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Not really. Roger will play well but the young guys are going to catch up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts