Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Djoker stans yelling to the heavens before the tournament started that it will not be an asterisked one
Was there a reason for that? I mean, it's not that a random person on the street will go on and start yelling "it's not asterisked!", then later change the tune again. They were clearly provoked to do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Should never ever have been played.

The whole tennis season should have called it quits until 2021
Why the hell should they have called it quits? Every event that has happened so far has been extremely safe with incredibly few positives, so why do you think they should have been canceled? Do you just hate people being allowed to earn a living or what? Ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Agree with OP. RG was previously the worst slam but after this 2020 edition the USO has now taken last place. Let's see how RG goes. It will probably be better.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Djokovic never won so big success in my opinion!

·
Registered
15,513 Posts
This year's US Open has been the greatest open era slam. We have had great victories of a technical, tactical and physical profundity that we could only dream of in previous events. Take PCB's victory over Djokovic: he dominated the baseline winning the vast majority of the longer baseline rallies (check stats) forcing the tournament favourite and world number one into a monumental mental deterioration as he understood fully that he couldn't win against the inspired PCB. Cause and effect baby. That was a performance for the ages! PCB's biggest fan couldn't dream of him dismissing Djoker in that timeframe. That the turning point happened at 0-40 on PCB's serve added an ironic twist to this most delicious of cocktails.
The Tsitsipas vs Coric match was best slam match in several years. A beautiful contrast in styles; another phenomenal choke; all in all a match that will stay long in the memory. I could go on and on about all the great matches and the historically high levels of tennis from this USO 2020 - but you get the point.
This overwhelming happiness with the tournament could be completely undermined however. If Zverev wins a slam this tournament will go down in infamy. Right now it feels like tennis and humanity is holding its collective breath as we await the final. It's as if we are on the precipice of a war or nuclear bomb attack. We are Frodo freshly delivered from the tranquil, picturesque Shire - in Bree for the first time. The ringwraiths are banging on the gate to Bree and we are realising that the world could become a very dark place. "Maybe the bad characters in our tennis life in our equivalent of the Shire weren't so bad" we say to ourselves? "Maybe Djoker winning the USO against zero competition in the weakest era of all time wasn't the end of the world"?
You are a monumental clown, a tennis analyst mug of the highest order...

Reactions: DjokoKing

·
Registered
364 Posts
You a monumental clown, a tennis analyst mug of the highest order...
Please don't result to ad hominem attacks.Which bit of my factual, objective statement do you disagree with? Please consider that I'm a fellow Djokovic fan (see signature).

·
Registered
364 Posts
The greatest US Open of all times. The greatest drama of all times. The greatest winner of all times: Dominic (huge cojones) Thiem.

·
Your visions will happen
48,094 Posts
The greatest US Open of all times. The greatest drama of all times. The greatest winner of all times: Dominic (huge cojones) Thiem.
Off the ledge and not hanging yourself either, good to see

Told ya to remain calm ha

·
Registered
364 Posts
Off the ledge and not hanging yourself either, good to see

Told ya to remain calm ha
Its good to be alive. You should be my counsellor lol.My longer reflections are here by the way #168.

·
Your visions will happen
48,094 Posts
81 - 100 of 123 Posts