Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know why this was deleted the first time.

Wawrinka won 2 slams, Australian and the French. He wins Wimbledon and the US Open in order, he gets "the natural". The only players to do this were all done in a calendar year.

Andre and Fed won the career slam out of order starting with Wimbledon, Nadal did it out of order starting in the French.

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
No, he won't win Wimbledon ever, his game does not really work there.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Unlike the other commenters, I don't think he's crap on grass (had he not been scheduled to play three Bo5 matches on three consecutive days, I think he might well have beaten Fed last year and made it to the SFs), but he'd need a pretty favorable draw & a pretty ballsy run, and for luck to go his way. Totally not impossible, though.

Thing is, though, he's also getting older, and I very much doubt he can win Wimbledon this year coming off the joy & emotional high of Roland Garros. Stan needs his inconsistent fallow patches in order to recharge for his Peak Stan runs. French Open and Wimbledon back-to-back sounds like it'd be hoping for too much, lol. And he only has so many more years in his career.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
I don't see a pure baseliner wining Wimbledom, especially at 30 and something, but he is one of the favourites to win next two USO.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
He has the game to reach a SF or a F at wimbledon (provided he gets some claycourt players in rounds 1-4 to get some rhythm :rolls:)

I doubt he'll win Wimbledon though. USO is much more likely.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Not enough time on grass to wind up that monster backhand, but by finals Wimbledon is practically a sandpit and Nadals done pretty well there.

USO a definite maybe as recently Nolandy have struggled to dominate there

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Wimbledon might be the hardest part, but I would love to see Wawa getting a USO title this year!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
No chance. He is already 30, could start to decline any moment now.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Andre the Giant baseliner can win Wimbledon. Wawrinka can do it too.

If he doesn't win this Wimbledon, he has to win the next one or his window closes. The US Open window is 1 year longer than Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Of course he can. Did none of you witnesz GODWRINKA beat dvok yesterday. Now he will sin every slam for the next three years. His shorts will become a sales phenomenon.His personality transplant will be available.

His how to blast tennis legends off the court DVD will sell millions. WRINKATARD groupies will chant his name outside every hotel he stays in. Get ready for WRINKAMANIA its about to sweep the world.

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
People said that about the French too and he won today.
They were totally clueless, because clay is his best surface.

Also you are clueless, because grass is his worst surface.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
They were totally clueless, because clay is his best surface.

Also you are clueless, because grass is his worst surface.
Stan doesn't consider clay to be his best surface, although it continues to be cited as such in the media. His best surface is hard, although of course he feels comfortable on clay because that's what he grew up on.

You're correct that grass is his worst surface, though.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
GODWRINKA will be on my betting radar for the next 2 years at least. I made a pile off him yesterday at 6.00. Wish I had taken him at the start of the FO. Has 21.00 to win it.

Now obviously after yesterday he is shorter to sim wimbledon at 13.00 And im taking that.

How can he lose. He is GODWRINKA remember. The secrets in his SHORTS. Leading sports clothing mánufacturerer are about to sign a deal with GODWRINKA to mass produce his shorts for the masses. Look out Jordon. If you thought your nike sneakers were popular, you aint seen nothing. GODWRINKA SHORTS are gonna kick your butt. And outsell you 20 to 1.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wawrinka is 3 matches away, and his biggest threat is down 2 sets. This could be his best chance to win Wimbledon and stay on the natural path

1 - 20 of 26 Posts