Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been talk of Wawrinka being the favorites for RG and such that it returns to bandwagoning levels again. Some did say he might go #1, which while not impossible is improbable. That said, is it possible that at least he could reach #2 for a number of weeks later this season? I mean, I don't know when was the last time a non-Big 4 ever reached #2, much less #1. How do you think it could be possible?

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I think it's very unlikely and would probably take a major injury to Rafa or Novak.

But given that I came into 2014 worried that he might not be able to defend his R16 points at AO and his F in Madrid, what do I know... anything's possible, I suppose!

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
There has been talk of Wawrinka being the favorites for RG and such that it returns to bandwagoning levels again. Some did say he might go #1, which while not impossible is improbable. That said, is it possible that at least he could reach #2 for a number of weeks later this season? I mean, I don't know when was the last time a non-Big 4 ever reached #2, much less #1. How do you think it could be possible?
Last time a non big4 reaches the #2 was in the week 18-07-2005, the last week that Hewitt managed to stay at #2. So, its almost 9 years..

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
He's what 4000+ points behind? Only way I see this happening is if nole is out for a long period of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts