Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's nice to win a GS, but let's go for #1! Win a couple of MS-1000, make QF/SF consistently.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No. He plays high-risk high-reward tennis ... and honestly he gets his reward for that

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
No, it's impossible for him to maintain that level of shotmaking.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
No. Wawrinka gamestyle is based in his powerful and deep strokes. He has to take risks because it is the way how he plays. This can bring him awesome results like the one of today or bad results like in the match against Dimitrov in Monte Carlo this year. This is how Wawrinka plays; he is a man to be considered because if his game is one he can beat almost anyone anywhere, but you can't expect him to maintain this kind of level. He is and will be a player of ups and downs; love it or hate it, but that's the way he is and nothing will change. Therefore we should enjoy his amazing performances and "forgive" his bad matches.

In fact, I would bet that he won't have a very good grass season. He is not good on grass, it is a bad surface for him.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
He's clearly capable of winning the US Open (see his SF against Djokovic in 2013, where Wawrinka again led by 2 sets to 1, just let it slip away from him). Wimbledon I'm not so sure. But AO and RG are clearly his best chances to win more majors.

·
Registered
899 Posts
No I dont think so. Its his game to play very aggresively. For the better or the worse. On good days he is spectacular, on bad days pathetic. Lost here first round last year. Could happen again next year,

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wawrinka will never be number one. But who cares?

He has already two slams and he went from a talented journeyman to a multiple slam winner. He has turned his career around in an extraordinary way.

·
Registered
277 Posts
He will never be a consistent player. He will show up in big matches, but getting to them will always be a struggle. Remember, after the Australian Open last year, he totally had a beautiful Monte Carlo result sandwiched between some terrible early round losses, including a R1 loss to GGL at last year's Roland Garros. He will be very up and down. And I accept that about him.

·
F***ing have it
17,627 Posts
On fast courts, no

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Stan only cares about slams :shrug:

He was taken out by a GOATing GGL last year in R1. He then got shafted by the schedule at his worst slam before losing his serve out of the blue in the 5th to donate the match to Decidingsetikori at USO.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
No but thats not a bad thing.

I'd rather be a inconsistent player and lose 1r/2r in some touraments but win slams that be QF/SF of most of them but win non.

I.E Rather be Wawrinka/Kvitova than Berdych/Suarez Navarro

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
No, he'll never be consistant.
But he still has a good chance to win more big matches.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Of course not, but who cares, he's got 2 Slams :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts