Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No doubt that Sinner is objectively a future GS champion material. He even managed to beat Zverev. The question is can he win CYGS sometime in the future?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Perhaps I should change my member name to 'suspicious' but something makes me feel the user name of the OP is not a 100% accurate description.

·
Registered
473 Posts
He can def win all the 4 slams, but all 4 in 1 year? I doubt it. If the big 3 can't do it (who are the GOATs of tennis), no one will anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
No - those things are reserved for Budge and the indisputable goat "the Rocket" Rod Laver.There's a reason Rocket is far and away the goat, and that's because he did the hardest thing in tennis twice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No - those things are reserved for Budge and the indisputable goat "the Rocket" Rod Laver.There's a reason Rocket is far and away the goat, and that's because he did the hardest thing in tennis twice.
Cmon as an Australian, this is just silly. Tennis was a different game back then with slow racquets. Not to dismiss Rockets skill I am sure he is one of the goats in that regard, but that Manlet would get blown off the court in the modern era.

And speaking of being blown off the court. I haven't seen groundstrokes as clean as what Sinner was hitting last night in a long time.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Cmon as an Australian, this is just silly. Tennis was a different game back then with slow racquets. Not to dismiss Rockets skill I am sure he is one of the goats in that regard, but that Manlet would get blown off the court in the modern era.

And speaking of being blown off the court. I haven't seen groundstrokes as clean as what Sinner was hitting last night in a long time.
It's all relative. If Rocket was playing now and in his pomp he'd be using modern rackets, technology, nutrition, diets, recovery etc etc. What he did was much harder as he had none of these things. Fact is: the big five haven't even dominated one year of slams against their contemporaries, ergo how can they be goat candidates? Laver is the indisputable goat.I've seen all the top players from every generation and his skill is miles above anyone else.

Reactions: RocketMan70
1 - 10 of 10 Posts