Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 slams or more

Votes: 5 4.4%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, please don't start to post here things like he's overhyped now that he won a tourney or anything like that, it just seems that he is back to old play.

Can he win a big tourney like Slams or Olympics again?

imo Olympics are hard, but he could probably win 2 slams more.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Re: Can Roddick get another slam, or even the Olympics?

I never stopped believing. ;)

I reckon one Wimby title and then that will be it. I don't think he'll win the USO again although he might come close.

·
Registered
110 Posts

I think he has another slam in him.. it would take a seriously good performance for him to do it.. but i think he could. Not sure where tho?

·
Registered
14,410 Posts

well first of allit has to be:
Can Roddick get olympic gold, or even another slam?

:p

if he wants to win sth. in Beijing, he for sure can
have no idea how fast the courts in China are..

referring to the GS-question: why not? with this shape he would probably be one of the main contenders in the Grand Slams apart from Paris

but it will all depend on how courts will develop in the coming years; if they keep becoming slower, he will have a hard time

edit: nice, but what I actualy meant is that GS counts much more imho ;)

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Funny how this comes after Dubai, it would be interesting to have a similar poll after RG. :lol: He was never completely out of it, and he has not come closer after Dubai than he was before it.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts

I never stopped believing. ;)

I reckon one Wimby title and then that will be it. I don't think he'll win the USO again although he might come close.
If he manages to win there, I think it is quite possible that he would mentally check out, and I don't mean retire, something like Moya after he won the DC in 2004.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

If he manages to win there, I think it is quite possible that he would mentally check out, and I don't mean retire, something like Moya after he won the DC in 2004.
Possibly although it depends when he wins it. If he won it this year I think he'd still have plenty of motivation and confidence to go on and win another USO title.

Safin also had a similar decline after the AO 2005 but it was mostly because of the injuries.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
no
but i think if he is capable of getting to the latter stages of GS's again, something i couldnt see him doing ever again.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Draw depending yes, but thats true of alot of players.

I'd say the chances of him wiining another slam are like 15%.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
It's no more likely now than it was when he got knocked out of 3rd round of the AO in January. He has one good week and suddenly he's back in contention for the slams? Maybe we ought to reserve judgment on his future until he at least backs up these results in Indian Wells and Miami.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Even if he does well in the both IW and Miami don't rush to conclusions. Fans like you are the one who make things worse for him. Come to the Andy Roddick forum if you want to discuss something like that and not in this doghouse called General Messages. Besides we all know what happens when people come up with crazy predictions after said player has a good run for 1 or 2 weeks e.g. Nalbandian was going to smoke everybody this year after the last TMS of 2007. Didn't happen!

·
Registered
335 Posts
unlikely cause the best players step it up for gs but roddick it seems doesnt really play his best at them. he may possibly have a shot at the US though but depends on many things.

oh and about the olympics yeh thats a beter chance then a slam for him i think

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
He's lucky that Federer is still a mental midget when he won his lone US Open.

He wont win any more slam! Rodick is a one slam wonder!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts