Mens Tennis Forums banner

Can Nole win French Open and achieve CYGS this year?

• He can't win at RG

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • He can win at RG but not achieve CYGS

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • He can win at RG as well as achieve CYGS

Votes: 33 44.6%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think, can Nole win French Open and achieve CYGS this year?

I think he's the favourite for RG, despite RG's SF loss, he had an impressive clay court season last year. Rafa will be another favourite at RG, but for Rafa, Nole is the same as Rafa for Roger, he just can't beat him. So I think Nole CAN win at RG, and he has a good chance. But CYGS is another thing. For sure, he can do it. But it's unlikely. That's why I voted no to it.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
The winner of this match was always going to be a hot, hot favourite to finally achieve this...

I think Novak has a decent chance, not as big as Nadal's would've been had he won here...

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
It's too soon to tell if Nole can achieve the CYGS. But he has a good chance at completing the Nole Slam.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I think he can win at RG but winning the calendar slam seems very unlikely. There is a reason it doesn't happen anymore. That said he has a better chance at than either Fed or Nadal have ever had in my opinion since you never thought Fed could take out Nadal and RG or that Nadal could get both hardcourt slams in the same year.

·
Registered
17,837 Posts
CYGS? No. I think he'll falter at Wimbledon.
Win RG? Yes. I've long since thought that if he were to win anywhere, it would be RG. I hope I'm right.

But the way he's playing now, would anyone be surprised? :lol: It could happen.

·
Registered
236 Posts
First option. He can and probably will win RG. He may win the golden slam but probably not. Winning Wimbledon again may be tough.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The winner of this match was always going to be a hot, hot favourite to finally achieve this...

I think Novak has a decent chance, not as big as Nadal's would've been had he won here...
why, because the winner of this match was going to literally be the only possible candidate? sillyness

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
why, because the winner of this match was going to literally be the only possible candidate? sillyness
You missed the point... the AO is Rafa's worst slam, if he won that, you'd have to favour him for RG/Wimbledon... and he's been doing great at the USO recently, he would've grabbed it I swear.

And Novak, how can you bet against him in slams? He's so great right now...

My point was, for both, if they won this match, they looked a shoo-in to win the rest as well

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
The FO? Maybe.Possibly. CYGS? No he wont. Finger Wagerer to spoil the party again and piss off the tards :lol:

Reactions: Mechlan

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You missed the point... the AO is Rafa's worst slam, if he won that, you'd have to favour him for RG/Wimbledon... and he's been doing great at the USO recently, he would've grabbed it I swear.

And Novak, how can you bet against him in slams? He's so great right now...

My point was, for both, if they won this match, they looked a shoo-in to win the rest as well
i know what your point was, i was just making a joke (or being a dick, depending on how you choose to look at it!)

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
To be fair, Nole cocked it up last year... he could've won the CYGS twice in a row had he beaten Fed in the semi's :eek:

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
i know what your point was, i was just making a joke (or being a dick, depending on how you choose to look at it!)
Ok then, I'm probably not too sharp right now after today :p

And I'm just about drunk... god, those beers taste good after Nadal lost today...

Damn how did he miss that backhand :sad:

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
If he wins RG, there's a high chance he won't defend Wimbledon.

The feat's not deemed hard without a reason.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts