Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's at about 150 weeks now :unsure: We seem to be heading into a super weak era

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The tour is currently insanely weak. The only one who could step up and take the #1 from Djokovic in the future would be Murray. Maybe Del Potro if he makes a comeback like Nadal in 2013.
The fact that the current biggest competition is the shadow of Federer who doesn't have much game left except his serve and some good net play is worrying.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
It would be funny to see all the fedtards on here gradually change their opinion on him if he comes close to breaking old rogie's records.

·
Registered
16,693 Posts
The tour is currently insanely weak. The only one who could step up and take the #1 from Djokovic in the future would be Murray. Maybe Del Potro if he makes a comeback like Nadal in 2013.
No chance for that, Del Potro never dominated the Masters series, like Nadal between 2010-2013, so I just can't see how he would suddenly rise to the occasion.
And Murray is a bigger threat to Djokovic these days than Federer, even in Bo3 (except very fast courts).

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
It's hard to see who will challenge Djokovic for the top spot, but remember things in tennis have a knack for changing rather quickly. As such, it's possible but rather unlikely.

I agree with the assessment that Murray is probably his biggest threat, but having been in Novak's shadow for most of his career, I'm not sure Andy has what it takes to surpass him.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just that Mastersovic obsesses over masters so much :mad:

·
Registered
6,717 Posts

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not as weak as 2004-2007 era, when James Blake was playing in the TMC final and Fernando Gonzalez was playing AO final.

You were saying?

·
Registered
59 Posts

You were saying?
So what? They were losers, unable to win anything significant and most of them lost every important final they played. Novak has Federer, Nadal and Murray as competition, and no matter what any hater says, that will always be a stronger competition than competition that Federer had during his years of domination.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what? They were losers, unable to win anything significant and most of them lost every important final they played.
:haha: Because Fed was better than all of them in slams. Meanwhile DjokoGOD let Wawrinka and Cilic win slams. Such good players.

·
Registered
767 Posts
So what? They were losers, unable to win anything significant and most of them lost every important final they played. Novak has Federer, Nadal and Murray as competition, and no matter what any hater says, that will always be a stronger competition than competition that Federer had during his years of domination.
well, cilic won a slam in this era, it destroys everything you're saying :wavey:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
It's pretty alarming how Fed is still a comfortable #2 despite being so far removed from his best days.

·
Registered
59 Posts
:haha: Because Fed was better than all of them in slams. Meanwhile DjokoGOD let Wawrinka and Cilic win slams. Such good players.
Everybody was better than all of them in the finals. For exapmle, Ljubicic. He played in so many finals against Federer, of course, losing all of them. But he also lost to 20 year old Berdych in Paris Masters F and 19 old Nadal in Madrid Masters F. Gaston Gaudio won Roland Garros during Federer's first year of domination.

Federer deserves his 17 GS titles. But I don't know why are you so biased, always trying to downplay Djokovic's success.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Everybody was better than all of them in the finals. For exapmle, Ljbucic. He played in so many finals against Federer, of course, losing all of them. But he also lost to 20 year old Berdych in Paris Masters F and 19 old Nadal in Madrid Masters F. Gaston Gaudio won Roland Garros during Federer's first year of domination.

Federer deserves his 17 GS titles. But I don't know why are you so biased, always trying to downplay Djokovic's success.
The facts speak for themselves. Fed has been at the top of the game for more than a decade. That completely eliminates any notion of "weak era". It's the Djokotards and Rafatards like you that always try to downplay Fed's success. You're merely getting your just desserts.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Btw your signature is so funny. Fast clay goat, 1 masters? :lol: And then you count for Djokovic USO as slow HC, but then when is Federer then you count USO as fast HC. :D
And like i said in post before, even this Federer would win most of the times vs Blake, Ljubicic and rest of players from top10 from that time, and you know that.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Now it looks like a lock, but let's wait till 2017. Many things can happen, but if you asked me today, I'd say yes. He's the best masters player, even beter than Fed and Nadal, and he doesn't have a bad part of the season.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts