Votes: 41 68.3%
  • no

Votes: 19 31.7%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i dont see much technically wrong. he's super talented. on the serve, it is weak, but all he needs is a well placed serve. ground shots look very accurate. clean, compact ball striking ability, moves well on both sides, returns well, plays equal on clay or hard court, consistent, dependable.

returns almost as well as djokovic or murray.

key weakness seems injuries.

voted : YES. matter of time. field is relatively weak. only a few real contenders next 3-4 years: djoker, fed, murray, nishikori, stanimal, kyrgios(if gets head right)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Yes, once the Big 3 - Djokovic, FedEx and Murray - starts to fade a new Big 3 will emerge: Kei, Raonic & Baby Fed. The new Big 3 will monopolize the Slams among them.

·
Registered
21,825 Posts
Yes, once the Big 3 - Djokovic, FedEx and Murray - starts to fade a new Big 3 will emerge: Kei, Raonic & Baby Fed.
You cannot be serious! :haha:
No, Dimitrov will never be a real slam contender, unless he performs a total turnaround in his game and learns a 2HBH.

The new Big 3 will monopolize the Slams among them.
Djokovic/Murray still will have at least 2-3 years until they will start to decline seriously, by that time some of the '95 and beyond generation will also emerge. They will have to fight very hard with those players for the QF/SF/F spots.

·
Registered
21,825 Posts
AO: I see very little chance, even after Djokovic/Murray will decline
RG: minor chances, not his best surface
WB: no chance, worst surface
USO: big chances only here

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Not any time soon.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nishikori is the most talented player not named Federer on tour. Haters choke on that :devil: If he stays healthy, he will be multi-slam champion.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't see why not. He will win at least one GS title in his career with some help of luck, which he will get eventually. With the big 4 retreating, his chance will get bigger and bigger. I think he has a chance to win all but Wimbledon. I know he lacks big weapons, especially his serve is weak, but he can compensate for them with fast footwork and great timing.

·
-Oracle-
2,070 Posts
Yes and I hope he will. There are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less talented players out there with slams.

If he brings his A game, he has a very high chance to win USO.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
of course. where have you been for the past 2 years?
Only if he becomes more CONSISTENT. He plays like god one day, a fool the next. He will probably grab a couple by the age of 30 like Wawrinka. When there's no real comp out there. Once the big three are gone it will be a wasteland for a decade 2020--2030. Before the next tennis GOD arrives.

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
why not?

he is now ever sharper than before in 2015. let us see how far he will go in Montreal. his virtue is mental consistency and resilience.

if he lift a trophy in a row, many will be taken it as a likelihood.

let us see tonight his match versus Mr. Murray.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Barring a career-ending injury, Nishikori is the only Slamless player on tour who is pretty much 100% certain to be a Slam champion in his career, and no other Slamless player is even close to him in that regard.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
No. He could reach finals but he'll never win one. He's too short, too fragile and doesn't have the winner mentality.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Could see him winning a slam or two in the future, hell i could even see him as a big contender in the upcoming US open.

If he continues playing this well, not even Djoker or Federer can do anything against him.

·
22,290 Posts
He should, and I think he will. But not yet. Maybe in 2017, when Djokovic starts showing some signs of decline, or unless Kei can improve his level of play and stay healthy for a long period of time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well Djokovic might be the best there is but he has shown in the last few years that he can't win all the slams. There's room for Nishikori to win one soon.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts