Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, let's face it. Ballbashing is a joy to watch.

Huge groundstrokes, nothing but power.

The guy is out of this world. I don't know if he can win multiple Slams but he's just a joy to watch.

Definetely a fresh blood for tennis.

Something that we have been waiting for.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm still not clear about how we're defining a ballbasher. Are we talking about players who like to bash, those who resort to bashing, or those who bash brainlessly? Or all three?
Exactly :lol:

Would the OP consider Del Potro or Tsonga to be ballbashers? Or Thiem?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I've seen him today. He's a ballbasher alright. The kind of you see on WTA. Another one was indeed the guy who played Nishikori at FO first round.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
We get it. Everyone who gets a top-10-win will be a Grand Slam Champion...

But Jarry surely has made a lot of improvements this season. From being a challenger player to a constant threat on the tour is a huge step and he did this transition quite well. There were still a lot of errors where you’d just shake your head. Sometimes the harder shots come easier to him than secure putaways... if he can control the second shot after his serve better, he’ll surely win some titles in the future...

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I've seen him today. He's a ballbasher alright. The kind of you see on WTA. Another one was indeed the guy who played Nishikori at FO first round.
Lukasz Kubot is the biggest brainless ballbasher i have seen when he switched to that mode. Made Tursunov look like a tactician outhere.

·
Registered
9,199 Posts
Yeah, Janvier was destroying the ball in that match, but Nishikori still beat him in 3 sets. :lol:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
Yeah, Janvier was destroying the ball in that match, but Nishikori still beat him in 3 sets. :lol:
Yeah redlining on every ball regardless of court position. I was impressed with Kei's absorption of that pace considering the kitchen sink thrown at him and he saved 10/10 BPs which helped. The guy will probably be stuck on challengers.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
we need many BBB as we can, the pushing tactic dominated tennis way too much... so now I like this Jarry player

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
I like to see some ballbashing from time to time. Jarry's game when on, fits in .Though I don't like is his serve motion.
his service motion reminds me of Caroline Garcia on the WTA. You'd think it'd hamper acceleration but yet she has one of the best serves in the women's game. Similarly Jarry's serve is more effective than it appears.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts