Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He hasn't dropped a set yet and Roger is not playing his best. I think he has a real opportunity here.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
No, hw's playing no better than he was when he got destroyed by Nalbandian, Federer and Youzhny in the last few months.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Well he's still there so it's possible, though I tend to think the (likely) Federer-Djokovic winner will go on to win the title.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Well he's in the semis so I guess he has a pretty good chance......... though I have to be honest and say I sincerely hope not :angel:

Reactions: Kitty de Sade

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sure he can. I don't really think he WILL, but that's not the same thing.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
No, hw's playing no better than he was when he got destroyed by Nalbandian, Federer and Youzhny in the last few months.
:yeah:

Well he's in the semis so I guess he has a pretty good chance......... though I have to be honest and say I sincerely hope not :angel:
:lol: :(

Well he's still there so it's possible, though I tend to think the (likely) Federer-Djokovic winner will go on to win the title.
And that will be fine, so long as Fed wins.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
he can and he will

he's in SF has saved enough energy and he gives all his heart when he's so close to the title

a likely Djoko-Fed semi will get the winner very tired also

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Nope

winner of Fed-Nole is winning this title

both would beat him in the F.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
he pretty much needs Djoker to beat Fed, then he will have a solid chance

even if he plays Fed in the final he at least has a remote chance if he plays like he did against Nemo, unless Fed catches fire. But it won't be a good chance unless Djoker shocks the world before Nadal gets a chance to do the same.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think not only he can but also he will... See what happened at wimby last year he was so close on fed's best surface so imagine on a surface that suits, IMO, more his game than fed's. I don't think he will miss that opportunity this time. Not to mention that he will be much more fresh than fed. Also, if you think of all the matchs they've played on outdoors hard courts (miami 04-05 and dubai 06), rafa has the upper hand. Remember fed always struggled against him even in the miami 05 final when he won. I think the conditions are quite similar to miami...

I'd really love fed to win again the title but I doubt he will this year.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Tsonga will annihilate the bumrooter from Mallorca.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The consequence of a rigged draw is that the other finalist will very likely be a very strong opponent. The final is as far as the ATP maffia can bring him.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Final is possible but I don't think he will win. I actually think he will lose to Tsonga in the semis.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Like I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, this tite is Nadal's ever since the cupcake draw came out.

The Australian Open will now go back to the dark ages when everyone considered it a MM Grand Slam.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Like I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, this tite is Nadal's ever since the cupcake draw came out.

The Australian Open will now go back to the dark ages when everyone considered it a MM Grand Slam.
Dude has to beat Tsonga to get a shot at the title and I'm not so sure that's gonna happen.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Blake will cream Nadal as usual in the final.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Blake will cream Nadal as usual in the final.
Much as I like James, he's more likely to be creaming someone in his hotel room when the final takes place.

·
Your visions will happen
53,648 Posts
Much as I like James, he's more likely to be creaming someone in his hotel room when the final takes place.
Probably Fed, as much as he bends over for him :eek:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts