Mens Tennis Forums banner

can Nadal win the Australian open 2021?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Nadal be well rested because he most likely skips rest of season this will give him the edge in Australia. 2. Nadal back himself against Djokovic having just beat him in straight sets at RG 3. Nadal always plays well at the Australian open 2016 being the last time Nadal failed to make the QTR finals.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
daniil will take aus open 2021!!

Reactions: Kilban

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Let's wait for the top-8 rankings before the happy slam down under, because not even KIA/Nike/AO & co. could make KIA's mannequin & the official friend of AO bery happy again if the seeding positions are bery, bery problematico distributed, so that our Nadalito has to actually think about playing some semi-serious defence before the final, instead of only working on his aggression vs subpar NextGeners, no.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
obviously Federer 3.0 will rise to stop Nadal once more after surgery

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Of course he has a chance, especially if he can avoid Djokovic and Theim. I think he would be favorite to beat anyone else.
Thiem could be the seed no.2, Federer could be seed no. 5 and Medvedev no.4 instead (considering Tsitsipsy is currently injured and WTF defender).

1 Djokovic
2 Thiem
3 Nadal
4 Medvedev
5 Federer
6 Tsitsipas
7 Zverev
8 Schwartzman (Rublev, Berrettini)

In that case the happy slam down under and its contributors would be even happier with these halfs/quarters:

1 Djokovic
Tsitsipas

4 Medvedev
Zverev

---------------------------

2 Thiem
Federer

3 Nadal
Schwartzman (Rublev, Berrettini)

If Nadal was seed no.2 and Thiem no.3, everything could remain the same.

Of course, with Stan, RBA, PCB, Shapo, Rublev & co. in Djokovic's projected 4R/QF/SF, no.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
If he starts practicing early and skip all the year end crap of 2020, and get his rear end down to australia and hits the practice HCs there.. I do. And thats what I would do if I was him since it cements his GOAT status officially if he DOES win it.

Whenever Nadal gets a break from the grind of the tour and hits the practice courts, he always seems to come back stronger

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
It's possible. He had leads in 5th sets against Djok and Fed in previous finals, was close, but no cigar.
He is better USO but Ao is possible.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Thiem could be the seed no.2, Federer could be seed no. 5 and Medvedev no.4 instead (considering Tsitsipsy is currently injured and WTF defender).

1 Djokovic
2 Thiem
3 Nadal
4 Medvedev
5 Federer
6 Tsitsipas
7 Zverev
8 Schwartzman (Rublev, Berrettini)

In that case the happy slam down under and its contributors would be even happier with these halfs/quarters:

1 Djokovic
Tsitsipas

4 Medvedev
Zverev

---------------------------

2 Thiem
Federer

3 Nadal
Schwartzman (Rublev, Berrettini)

If Nadal was seed no.2 and Thiem no.3, everything could remain the same.

Of course, with Stan, RBA, PCB, Shapo, Rublev & co. in Djokovic's projected 4R/QF/SF, no.
Isn’t no.1 seed supposed to play the lower seed in this scenario?

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Isn’t no.1 seed supposed to play the lower seed in this scenario?
If there were 32 seeds as usual, it is seeds 5-8 randomly for the seeds 1-4 in QF, seeds 25-32 for 1-8 in 3R as well as 17-24 for 9-16, and seeds 13-16 for 1-4 in 4R, as well as 9-12 for 5-8.

·
Your visions will happen
51,352 Posts
If he starts practicing early and skip all the year end crap of 2020, and get his rear end down to australia and hits the practice HCs there.. I do. And thats what I would do if I was him since it cements his GOAT status officially if he DOES win it.

Whenever Nadal gets a break from the grind of the tour and hits the practice courts, he always seems to come back stronger
Well another AO would be more important for his legacy than a YEC I agree, but I think he can get both. Plus the #1

·
Registered
460 Posts
1. Nadal be well rested because he most likely skips rest of season this will give him the edge in Australia. 2. Nadal back himself against Djokovic having just beat him in straight sets at RG 3. Nadal always plays well at the Australian open 2016 being the last time Nadal failed to make the QTR finals.
obviously he can but he never turns up at Australia at his physical best. His training block is built around May-September. So he is always more vulnerable in Australia.
By now we all know what happens in Australia has no bearing on the rest of the season.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts