Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will he do it?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like it's 2008 and 2010 all over again. Rafa barely losing games these days. He'll face mentally weak Ferrer next, whom he gave numerous beatdowns here and probably Murray in sf who is a weak clay-courter. The main question is final and who will be his opponent. I'm going with Berdych, who has Djokovic's number (see Rome)on clay and playing his peak tennis here, but always struggles against Rafa. So my prediction is : Nadal will win RG without dropping a set for the 3rd time in his career :yeah:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not winning. I stand by my Big 4 slamless in 2014 prediction until the end, even if I know it's totally non-sensical and a bunch of my other predictions for 2014 have already gone wrong.

I mean, people have been predicting Tsonga to beat Djokovic in 3 and Verdasco to CRUSH Murray. So I might keep my own ludicrous prediction. This RG will be won by a non-Big 4. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Jinxers everywhere. No is the answer obiously. I highly doubt he'll straight set one of Ferrer, Murray or Djokovic, let alone all of them

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Jinxcomer :sport:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
If Nole loses to Raonic or Berdych, then yes. If not, he will drop at least a set to Nole

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I dont think so, he can straight-set both ferrer and hooligan if he plays lights out, but I can't see him straight-setting nole. I think rafa will beat him on 5 sets marathonic final it they meet on there. If he plays illuminated as in RG 08 he could have it done in 4.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
What about a special option for "No, he will lose Roland Garros without dropping a set.".

With a back like his, we could see him up 2 sets and a double break in the final and have top pull the ripcord. ;)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Good luck with that, first top 50 opponent and he drops a set

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Banned
2,797 Posts
Novak should feel lucky not to play Andy and Ferrer, honestly
LOL. Nole has no reason to fear Ferrer (nor Rafa in his current form) Andy is a different story though.

·
Registered
865 Posts
LOL. Nole has no reason to fear Ferrer (nor Rafa in his current form) Andy is a different story though.
Andy is the worst match up for Novak, Ferrer is going to play a long match against any one.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Andy is the worst match up for Novak, Ferrer is going to play a long match against any one.
yes that's why he leads the h2h 12-8 and won 4 of the last 5

1 - 20 of 21 Posts