• No

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like King of Clay in form again. Main rivals are not here (Djokovic injured, Fed with wife, Wawrinka out). He looks confident, his serve is working fine. Rafa needs just two s8set wins, most likely over compatriots. RBA is too inexperienced to put a fight, and Ferrer took only one set off Nadal in finals . (7 years ago).
Since Hamburg has been replaced by Madrid, no one ever won a tournament without dropping a set. And last player to won Hamburg without dropping a set was Federer in 2005. Thoughts? I think he will win Madrid without dropping a set and then will take Rome and RG.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
The wounded warrior is back

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Here come the jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix.. :lol:

Pity post..

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is that jinx :confused:
Hamburg/Madrid is the only big clay tournament that Nadal hadn't swept yet without dropping a set

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he can...but lets see...2 matches yet to be played...

·
Administrator
6,070 Posts
Yes, very easily possible.

Ferrer can beat him, but in a final Nadal will play better and even if Ferrer did have chances he will be more likely to find a way to choke.

Not sure on RBA's chances to do any damage, but Spaniards who are a round or two above where they should usually get to are Nadal's bread and butter so expecting a routine win.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
With an excruciatingly tough draw like this? Impossible! Can anyone tell me an occasion in which Dull actually had a hard draw?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Extremely likely.

Batistuta-Atistuta like all other triple named Spaniards will be little more than a light warm-up session, and Ferrer Nishikori might get to a tiebreak but thats about it.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
With an excruciatingly tough draw like this? Impossible! Can anyone tell me an occasion in which Dull actually had a hard draw?
What is your problem with the draw?

He is playing those who are winning matches and advancing. Its not his fault, Nole, Fed didnt show up.

Not his fault Stan Murray tanked.

Oh and Tsonga ?

Rafa playing a bit better but he hasnt played anyone decent. They either lost or didnt show up.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Hardest draw ever.. 2014 indoor session MTF trollica open

1R Nadal def samanosuke 7-5 6-2 7-5
2R Nadal defSliceAce 4-6 6-3 7-5 7-6
3R Nadal def Moonball Pusher 7-6 6-4 6-4 Rafa hits 50 winners on the fifth and moonball pusher is no longer seen on tv screen . He had to go down the linesmen row to return the balls.
4R Nadal def spaniel 6-3 2-6 7-5 6-4
QF Nadal def Duarte 5-7 3-6 6-4 7-6 8-6 .. Duarte cries and calls fed.
SF Nadal def Jo willy 1-6 6-0 6-2 5-7 6-4 ... jowilly change his name and leaves the country.
F Nadal def Slade 6-7(9) 7-6(11) 6-7(13) 7-6(15) 12-10 ... slade goes off court after the match .. since then he is missin.

Mtf draw from hell.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Yes, very easily possible.

Ferrer can beat him, but in a final Nadal will play better and even if Ferrer did have chances he will be more likely to find a way to choke.

Not sure on RBA's chances to do any damage, but Spaniards who are a round or two above where they should usually get to are Nadal's bread and butter so expecting a routine win.
Ferrer plays much better in this tournament in Madrid and if they could play in QF Ferrer had all chances to win vs Rafa. I do not think Novak and Federer will play again in Madrid .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts