Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am a Nadal fan but I can readily admit that his current level of play is not going to cut it with Novak if he plays even 80% of his best.

Despite 5 setters favoring Nadal a bit - I think Nadal is now ready to relinquish his dominance of FO. IF he meets Novak.

Although there is a way out and that way helped our GOAT complete his set ironically - The Soderling Way ! .. and that is constantly ridiculed at MTF by even Fed's own fans.

I am wondering if Nole is taken out in QF / SF and Nadal wins... I wonder what people will say !! Will it dilute his 14th Slam like it did for Federer?

I for one would not be happy if Nadal won FO without beating Nole in the finals.

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Well I am a Nadal fan but I can readily admit that his current level of play is not going to cut it with Novak if he plays even 80% of his best.

Despite 5 setters favoring Nadal a bit - I think Nadal is now ready to relinquish his dominance of FO. IF he meets Novak.

Although there is a way out and that way helped our GOAT complete his set ironically - The Soderling Way ! .. and that is constantly ridiculed at MTF by even Fed's own fans.

I am wondering if Nole is taken out in QF / SF and Nadal wins... I wonder what people will say !! Will it dilute his 14th Slam like it did for Federer?

I for one would not be happy if Nadal won FO without beating Nole in the finals.
Knowing dull's luck it's not impossible but Djokovic appears to be extremely solid right now. I don't see who can beat him before the final. And Fed is not doing it again. Neither is Nadal repeating what he did last year vs Djokovic. The only way for dull to win this FO is a cakewalk draw and Djoker not making the final, and I don't see that happening. It think its' more likely that someone will do a Soderling vs dull again.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
And what will happen if someone takes Rafa out in QF or SF ? No one thought Soderling,Rosol or Wawrinka could take Rafa out ?
Rafa is in his prime is not he?

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
I'm happy either way. Nadal has NOTHING to prove at RG. He has won it 8 times already, he has a 5-0 H2H with both Federer and Djokovic. With Federer's victory it was a different case because he had and has never beaten Nadal at RG and managed to grab one ducking Rafa. With Nadal this isn't the case, they have to prove they can beat Rafa, not the other way around.

It's not like Nadal hasn't beaten Djokovic since 2011 either, he has beaten him twice at RG since then.

I'm more than happy with #9 if we are so fortunate to see him lift it, whether it's through Djokovic or not.

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
And what will happen if someone takes Rafa out in QF or SF ? No one thought Soderling,Rosol or Wawrinka could take Rafa out ?
Rafa is in his prime is not he?
Very good chance of this happening and even earlier than QF. Dull's confidence was in ruins before Madrid and just as is is about to peak again Djokovic shuts him down again. Dull is up against it and he knows it.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Dull already did a "Federer" :rolleyes: RG 2011.
I am sure Federer will not going to make the same mistake again. Yes he could do that at Wimbledon 11 but
why need to play vs dull again in F ?! But if someone takes Dull again then Federer will do his best to play Final again for sure!

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Hopefully someone will take out the Dull trash before the QF and we can all enjoy the tournament without being tormented to disgusting moonballing.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Very good chance of this happening and even earlier than QF. Dull's confidence was in ruins before Madrid and just as is is about to peak again Djokovic shuts him down again. Dull is up against it and he knows it.[/QUOT
Did you notice Murray who did not play well at all in Madrid, in Rome as well and all at once he upped his game vs Rafa and could take 1st set 6 0 . Murray has only 58 matches on clay . What about Nishikori ?
I think players and coaches are pissed off of Nadal' domination on clay for so many years. it is nine years is not it ?! No one can win a MS on clay ! If it was 5 or six years it is okay but nine years is a lot !

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I'm happy either way. Nadal has NOTHING to prove at RG. He has won it 8 times already, he has a 5-0 H2H with both Federer and Djokovic. With Federer's victory it was a different case because he had and has never beaten Nadal at RG and managed to grab one ducking Rafa. With Nadal this isn't the case, they have to prove they can beat Rafa, not the other way around.

It's not like Nadal hasn't beaten Djokovic since 2011 either, he has beaten him twice at RG since then.

I'm more than happy with #9 if we are so fortunate to see him lift it, whether it's through Djokovic or not.
All of this. Djokovic can do a lot for his legacy at RG this year but Nadal's legacy there is secure no matter any results to come during this era. The more appropriate comparison would be Fed having grabbed WB's without facing Nadal later in his career and nobody sane would slight Fed for those wins after the dominance he had previously established there.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
I am sure Federer will not going to make the same mistake again. Yes he could do that at Wimbledon 11 but
why need to play vs dull again in F ?! But if someone takes Dull again then Federer will do his best to play Final again for sure!
You're not seriously suggesting Federer would tank a match against Djokovic to avoid Nadal, are you? Apart from the fact that no multiple slam champion thinks this way, or otherwise, he wouldn't be a multiple slam champion, wins over the top of the crop at his age only add to his legacy. Losses are excusable.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
All of this. Djokovic can do a lot for his legacy at RG this year but Nadal's legacy there is secure no matter any results to come during this era. The more appropriate comparison would be Fed having grabbed WB's without facing Nadal later in his career and nobody sane would slight Fed for those wins after the dominance he had previously established there.
As if Federer need to prove something at 33 almost! Federer has never took a break as Nadal did it 7 months off?! Come on !

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
How desperate these dulltards are :superlol: Every time dull's anti-tennis moonballing is destroyed by Djoker they begin to miss Federer who is unable to handle the moonball issue.

Well I shouldn't be too suprised that dulltards share the same philosophy as dull: when I have a problem, I escape rather than face it. When HC season comes and other players are playing well, I'd better take a 7 month vacation. :haha:

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Fed doesn't need to win the FO and have a 2nd calender slam as Nadal failed to do it this year and blew his only chance. If Nadal did it he would already be very close to Fed in the GOAT debate, if not right there with him, so in that case Fed would have had to win another FO to pull ahead again. But all this is irrelevant now.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
This question towards Nadal is even more disrespectful than the one you are suggesting, because Djokovic has never even beaten Nadal at RG and lost more times to Nadal at RG than Nadal to Federer at Wimbledon. Plus, Nadal has 1 more title than Federer. And Nadal has a much more dominant H2H with Federer than Djokovic with Nadal (heck, he's still down in the overall H2H, let alone the slam H2H).

It's just stupid all around, but these days on MTF every thread is filled with Nadal hate comments, and this obviously is no exception.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts