Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Murray win at least 5 titles this season?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has already won two, Marseilles and Doha. I think he can probably win one clay court title, Queens, and then defend his St.Petersburg title. That would be at least one title on each surface this year (indoors, hard court, grass, and clay). I hope he wins some AMS and maybe even a slam but OK if he doesn't as long as he ends the year top 8 ;).

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I voted no. I think he will win 4 maybe. I mean the title question is can he and I think he can. Doesn't mean he will though.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I think so. Hopefully not all MM :tape:.

I think 4 would be more reasonable, though.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
It would be really nice for him if he indeed gets that done. And if he keeps up his form AND his mental state, he might well be able to do so - but I'm not yet counting on it.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Maybe. It is possible. I don't think he will win a Masters event although he could reach a final for the first time in his career. I think he has a good chance to win a International claycourt event and could defend his St Petersburg title. Maybe he will get lucky on what events he plays on the American summer circuit.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
cos there will be better, more charismatic players, who dont hack playing there
:lol:

Definitely CAN win 5 titles this season, but I side with stebs on this one.

Really don't see him being a major contender for the TMS / GS events at his current rate...he is always capable of making the latter stages, but I'm currently questioning his ability to string together enough wins against the best opposition. :rolleyes:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
Stop fangirling

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Murray went backwards towards to the end of "hardcourt part I", both mentally and game-wise, in my opinion. I don't see him winning any titles on clay. Grass, very doubtful... He may win something on "hardcourt part II".

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hope he can win at least 1 or 2 more titles this year, and go deeper in the slams and Masters. It's hard to predict how he will perform on clay or grass, but I like your optimism :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's possible, he has 2 already. To be honest, this is the year Murray should be looking to be a contender in the GS, reaching the latter stages at least. He needs to put some consistency together in his game.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
If Muzza wants to win MM tournies he can quite easily especially seeing as there are never more than 3 top 10 players in the draw.

Im more interested quality rather than quantity I'd happy with SFs and Finals in big tournies. I am optimistic however :)

Reactions: NinaNina19
1 - 20 of 28 Posts