Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Doubt it, that would take a major miracle. Sorry Murray fans... :sad: :hug:

Current players with at least 1 major

Federer: 17 (if he's decided he is done) -20 (if his back holds up, and some random player doesn't play at 100% when he has an off day, and most important, if he decides to win)

Nadal: 14 (if he's decided he is done) - 16 (if he can beat Fognini and Dolgopolov again, and he gets more friendly umpires who can't tell time, and don't understand Spanish)

Djokovic:
10-12 (As long as Plexicushion remains on Rod Laver Arena, and he focuses on US Open instead of Roland Garros)

Murray: 2 (if Djokovic/Federer/Wawrinka continue their recent mastery of him) - 7 (if his back/hip holds up AND he can mentally conquer the top ones again, and someone like Lendl pushes him to stop pushing forehands and second serves in the crunch)

Wawrinka:
2 (if he stops failing better) - 6 (as long as master hypnotist Norman remains coach - he isn't afraid of any player, and if he can wear his pajama shorts higher (see chapter "Wilander Short Shorts Advantage" in Mats upcoming book - Wilander's Tennis Psychology (Mind Games, Trolling, Tanking, and Choking))

Cilic: 1-5 (if his mother gets the right sugar tablets)

Hewitt: 2 - 3 (10% chance at his final USO if they speed up Arthur Ashe and all of his opponents play 100% serve and volley)

Del Potro:
1 ( :sad: ) - 6 (if he can finally come back healthy or learns to master a one handed backhand like Wawrinka's)

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
You mean he hasn't already :confused:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Yes, this is very likely. He only has to win a CYGS 4 times in a row, shouldn't be too tough for a player of Murray's caliber. :yeah:

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
What are you smoking mate? I want some.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
I so totally agree with the OP.

If Federer plays his best tennis at the age of 34, why can't Murray.

And we all know that Peak Murray demolish everyone else.
This year, Wimby and USO is his. So that's 4. Just another 14 to go.
So Murray playing his best tennis in the next 5 years will easily surpass Federer's 17.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Sky is the limit.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
You change your mind quickly, just like on who you support :devil:
I don't change my mind. I told you NADAL IS A CONTENDER. LIKE MURRAY. A tournament is on their racquet. If Nadal always played like he did in 2010 nobody would beat him. But he cannot obviously, so for him to win he has to approach that form.

I have latched onto Murray PURELY from what I have witnessed over the last week. And what I have witnessed is a player ready to make more sporting history.

I don't align myself with any one player. I side with REALITY. And the reality right now is MURRAY IS THE MAN TO BEAT. There isn't another player out there right now who can take him. Federer is too damn old and slow, lacking stamina. Djokovic can't go any higher than he has on grass. And his best won't be enough. Wawrinkas ball bashing won't cut it at Wimbledon as was witnessed at Queens. The rest don't even factor into it.

When MURRAY is in the Zone on grass. Only peak Sampras would have a chance of beating him. And right now that's where he is. You will start believing what I'm saying here as the rounds fall away at Wimbledon. He will play the tournament of HIS LIFE this year.

Reactions: Arsenalex

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
I don't change my mind. I told you NADAL IS A CONTENDER. LIKE MURRAY. A tournament is on their racquet. If Nadal always played like he did in 2010 nobody would beat him. But he cannot obviously, so for him to win he has to approach that form.

I have latched onto Murray PURELY from what I have witnessed over the last week. And what I have witnessed is a player ready to make more sporting history.

I don't align myself with any one player. I side with REALITY. And the reality right now is MURRAY IS THE MAN TO BEAT. There isn't another player out there right now who can take him. Federer is too damn old and slow, lacking stamina. Djokovic can't go any higher than he has on grass. And his best won't be enough. Wawrinkas ball bashing won't cut it at Wimbledon as was witnessed at Queens. The rest don't even factor into it.

When MURRAY is in the Zone on grass. Only peak Sampras would have a chance of beating him. And right now that's where he is. You will start believing what I'm saying here as the rounds fall away at Wimbledon. He will play the tournament of HIS LIFE this year.
Nadal favourite after beating Tomic, Murray suddenly after beating two mugs in one day

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
He can reach Djokovic, but not Nadal
or maybe if AO goes back to grass
Agreed 8 is a possible number in slams he could achieve. I personally believe 5 slams will be his final number. But let's understand something for a British player to even achieve that is MONUMENTAL. Considering before Murray. No man from the UK had won a slam for over 75 years.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Nadal favourite after beating Tomic, Murray suddenly after beating two mugs in one day
It wasn't so much who he beat. One of those mugs put Wawrinka out of queens don't forget that. Making Wawrinka look like nothing after him blasting Djokovic away in Paris. And Murray dismissed Anderson like he wasn't even there.

He was pulling angles and pace of shots like nothing I've seen since Sampras 1999. And what this told me is he is even more complete and better than 2013. And what that basically means is ITS OVER FOR EVERYONE ELSE. Because Murray playing like this on grass is not losing. But as I said you will come to realise how good I am at reading form when Wimbledon gets going.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts