Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What upsets me is that we have had this thread for Nadal and Djokovic, BUT NOT FOR MURRAY. :mad:

I think he has a good shot. He has twelve years to go still before turning 40 and he is always getting better.

After all Fed is playing the beat tennis at 33 as so many MTFers have observed. Why not Murray?

Anyways I think he will dominate for the next several years and end up with 15-20 slams. If he can win Rome surely he can win all of the non clay Slams.

Discuss.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fed will not win another slam at over 33, so Murray has 4/5 years to get 16 slams
Don't forget that Murray appears to be a later bloomer than Fed. When he reached his peak in 2013 he was arguably playing the best tennis ever.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
What upsets me is that we have had this thread for Nadal and Djokovic, BUT NOT FOR MURRAY. :mad:

I think he has a good shot. He has twelve years to go still before turning 40 and he is always getting better.

After all Fed is playing the beat tennis at 33 as so many MTFers have observed. Why not Murray?

Anyways I think he will dominate for the next several years and end up with 15-20 slams. If he can win Rome surely he can win all of the non clay Slams.

Discuss.
Absolutely NOT!!! If Murray can even finish on 8. It will be an incredible achievement. Me personally I agree with McEnroe. Who said Murray should win 4--6 slams. That's realistic. I believe he has a great chance to win Wimbledon this year. So that would take him to 3. Then it depends on his form. Right now on grass I can't see anyone beating him. HARDCOURT it where Djokovic rules.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
No he can not. Trolling thread. OP fail.

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
Absolutely NOT!!! If Murray can even finish on 8. It will be an incredible achievement. Me personally I agree with McEnroe. Who said Murray should win 4--6 slams. That's realistic. I believe he has a great chance to win Wimbledon this year. So that would take him to 3. Then it depends on his form. Right now on grass I can't see anyone beating him. HARDCOURT it where Djokovic rules.
When this guy talks down Murray you know how stupid your thread is :p

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Yes he WILL! His name is already half engraved on this years Wimbledon Trophy. You have to be blind and stupid not to see that. Right now on grass in his current form there isnt a player who can stop him. He will smash both Federer and Djokovic. The rest will be dismissed as easily as Anderson at Queens.

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
Yes he WILL! His name is already half engraved on this years Wimbledon Trophy. You have to be blind and stupid not to see that. Right now on grass in his current form there isnt a player who can stop him. He will smash both Federer and Djokovic. The rest will be dismissed as easily as Anderson at Queens.
You change your mind quickly, just like on who you support :devil:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Absolutely. They are ALL going to pass Roger in the slam count.
When all is said and done the list will be something like:

1) Murray - 20 slams
2) Nadal - 19 slams
3) Djokovic - 18 slams
4) Federer - 17 slams

·
Banned
923 Posts

1) Murray - 20 slams
2) Nadal - 19 slams
3) Djokovic - 18 slams
4) Federer - 17 slams
Even Federer will surpass his own slam count :haha:

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts

1) Murray - 20 slams
2) Nadal - 19 slams
3) Djokovic - 18 slams
4) Federer - 17 slams
Well done.

I think that means they'll all have to play till like 50 :haha:

I think Tommy Haas might surpass him too

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Trouble with this theory is that murray has not played federer or djockovic on grass this season, and of course everybody knows that murrays mind is both federers and djockovics favourite playing surface.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts