Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting video about a very old question. If you watched the video you will tend to think that it's very hard for woman and man can be very close friends and nothing more than that.

For me actually it's a very hard question. I mean most of my friends are actually girls, so my obvious question would be yes, but the fact is that all of my closest friends, I, in some period of our friendship, look at her and imagine my relationship with them being more than just friends. I always think: "How it would be if we were a couple? Maybe I wouldn't mind. Does she thinks of this?"

So what do you think? Discuss!

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Men can, women cant... they always want sex

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
you're in genuine need of erudite analysis but not too long ago, an identical thread to yours was started by someone else.

www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129465
that thread is from 2008 but there was an identical one very, very recently, with the identical stupid video

in answer to your question:
1. Yes, of course they can. One of my best friends is male, from high school, friends for over 15 years. he's happily married.
2. the video is :bs:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that thread is from 2008 but there was an identical one very, very recently, with the identical stupid video

in answer to your question:
1. Yes, of course they can. One of my best friends is male, from high school, friends for over 15 years. he's happily married.
2. the video is :bs:

Sorry, didn't knew about this.

About the BS part, yes I think the same, but actually I think it's not far from reality. The problem is that this video stereotype too much this problem. I'm not saying it's impossible, FAR FROM THAT. My best friends are girls. Now I only see them as friends, but there was always one moment when I think of something else. Of course I didn't even tried something, but it's just thoughts that comes into my mind.

It's like it's impossible that during an entire friedly relationship, only to have friendly feelings. For me, as a guy, even if it's for one single day, I always have some other feelings, even if they are only sexual.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
My best friend is a girl, and our relationship was platonic for 5 years (though 5 yrs ago, i was 12, so maybe that played a part for a couple years)...granted, there was a period it was not after that, and I'm not too certain it's over, but even though it seems to be atm, we're very close and can talk for hours

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Sorry, didn't knew about this.

About the BS part, yes I think the same, but actually I think it's not far from reality. The problem is that this video stereotype too much this problem. I'm not saying it's impossible, FAR FROM THAT. My best friends are girls. Now I only see them as friends, but there was always one moment when I think of something else. Of course I didn't even tried something, but it's just thoughts that comes into my mind.

It's like it's impossible that during an entire friedly relationship, only to have friendly feelings. For me, as a guy, even if it's for one single day, I always have some other feelings, even if they are only sexual.
well, sure, we are allowed to have 'thoughts' and such... we are humans, not saints or robots. The thought comes in your head... and then you go on with your life. Not every thought has to be acted on.

Also, let's say you have a friend (same-sex friend, in this example) who is annoying you with something they are doing. For one single day (as you said) maybe you're thinking "F*ck just go away. I'll be glad if I never hear from you again." But of course you're not really going to dump your friend; you're just a bit annoyed. The bigger part of your feelings is that they are your friend and you will stick by them.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Interestingly enough he was also a supporter of Gil. Perhaps Gil fans are misunderstood in the love department :confused:
Perhaps YOU are more mistaken than anyone else commenting over here. :wavey:

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Only friend? Then, yes. Closest friend? Then, no. There are something which men can't share with women. As far as I know, one of the most important term of being friends is sharing. When a man wants to share something with a woman, he needs to think the outcome before sharing the things with her. He needs to think if she misunderstands him after sharing that matter. And if one can't share something sensitive with another then they can't be the closest friends. Generally they can become friends. But I have a little different opinion about their being closest friends. :)

But sometimes something different happens, too. So this is not the only and the final thing. This is all about how one thinks and what one thinks. That's all. :)

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I say no during puberty period. At least for the mayority of men. We are permanently in heat like horny baboons at this time in ours lives.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
It's possible if the girl is hideous.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts