Mens Tennis Forums banner

Can Aslan win Roland Garros 2021

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

Premium Member
He "CAN" win French Open. Obviously very unlikely.
Ok we are in agreement. I'm putting my Money on Mr. ROGER Federer though

Reactions: Play

Registered
Frederer was predicted to win 5 French Opens, 9 Wimbledons, 9 Aus Opens. Unfortunately for him, it鈥檚 not Gonzalez, Baghdatis and Roddick on court.
You don鈥檛 have to win Slams to be entertaining. More entertaining than the coddled Fred.

Registered
I don't think he has the endurance.

He was gassed at the end vs. both Bedene and Djokovic, even though he managed to finish both off, and dead on his feet by the end against Berrettini. Quite confident Djokovic wins that match in 3/5.

He needs to be able to play 4,5 sets against probably at least 2 of Nadal, Djokovic, Thiem, Tsitsipas, Rublev on clay. I am not convinced he is.
He only had 1 hard 3 setter tournament and he was injured 3 years before, so he had no experience.

Registered
Yes, he has a proper game and in sport everything is possible, but unlikely to to really do it.

Registered
King Aslan w/ certainly better chances than another HCbot in Meddy but let鈥檚 not overlook the one guy to conquer the Clay giant, King Rublev himself but wait a minute, he鈥檚 never beat anyone of note at a major so.....

Registered
BIG difference beating 70% caring Djokovic at MC and 110% motivated Djokovic in front of home crowd and family but i bet you didn't watch the Belgrade match.
mY point is about Karatsev, not Djok
NO I didn't watch it, it wasn't broadcast where I am and also i was watching nadal.Tsitsi

anyway my comment pertains to the stupidity of any chance Karatsev wins RG, fantastically stupid idea. we can check in again during so you can tell me I was right

Registered
BIG difference beating 70% caring Djokovic at MC and 110% motivated Djokovic in front of home crowd and family but i bet you didn't watch the Belgrade match.
I watched both matches. That was a 'good' Djokovic in Belgrade but needless to say not his actual level come slam time.

I don't know how you get those percentages in any case. They seem pretty arbitrary to me. Monte Carlo is also somewhat home to Novak and it's a masters so while I'm sure there's additional motivation in having a tournament in Belgrade, it remains a 250 and as such, part of Novak's long term prep more generally.

Registered
I watched both matches. That was a 'good' Djokovic in Belgrade but needless to say not his actual level come slam time.

I don't know how you get those percentages in any case. They seem pretty arbitrary to me. Monte Carlo is also somewhat home to Novak and it's a masters so while I'm sure there's additional motivation in having a tournament in Belgrade, it remains a 250 and as such, part of Novak's long term prep more generally.
Well, when you have watched a player hundred times you can tell from his attitude whether he gives his tries his best or not, in Djokovic case when he gets angry you can tell he cares for it. Agree this wasn't Djokovic at his slam level but can he produce his usual slam level on clay these days? I have some doubts. By the way that level in Belgrade probably is enough to get to the 2nd week/QF.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts