Votes: 14 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 56 80.0%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really impressed with him against Novak he gave him a hard fought battle, if he keeps on playing like this do you think he can do what Wawrinka and Cilic have done and win a grand slam ?

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
I was really impressed with him against Novak he gave him a hard fought battle, if he keeps on playing like this do you think he can do what Wawrinka and Cilic have done and win a grand slam ?
If he can maintain that level throughout the tournament I dont see why not. Only Djokovic stands in the way against that kind of level, but I'm sure the tourney organisators will keep him busy.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
No. If he faces a great returner of big serves, he has zero options. No way that Anderson would take a set against Roger, unless he botched the TB (as Fed did against Groth).

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Except that everything was on fire today. You need a complete package against this version of Anderson.
What's on fire? Anderson's ballbashing? He always ballbashes, and Novak had a terrible gameplan of just getting the ball back. That would only work if Kevin is serving substandard, or if his form is below average. I would estimate Kevin's form at: slightly above average. Not hating on Novak, but he had a bad return day and terrible gameplan. If Kevin wasn't Kevin (choke), then Novak could well have lost this one.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
He took Djokovic to five competitive sets, so yes he's in the Grand Slam conversation. He's also a very hard worker and consummate professional.

:rocker:

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Pathetic thread.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I've often said that Anderson is underrated. He can play at a very high level as we just saw against Novak. But he doesn't really have the mental strength to win a major. Nor does he have enough variety in his game.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Except that everything was on fire today. You need a complete package against this version of Anderson.
Are u serious?

Fed will straight sets this Anderson.

The truth will be out when Djokovic plays the final rounds.

Hmm..pushing on grass is always going to be tough against an attacker. The question is how long can Djokovic push before he implode.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
lol, no

Djokovic has always had trouble against big servers. Roddick, Karlovic, Isner. Look at the h2hs. Not surprising at all that Anderson gave him problems.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
This is like asking ...

"Can South Africa win the cricket World Cup? " :haha: :haha: :haha:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts