Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously he can.

The guy has everything.

I am 29. When I watch him play, it is like the old days when I used to watch Safin or even Rios. The same talent and the same power.

Good job dude.

Definetely the new face of tennis in this generation.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Easy five.

·
justice for all
13,130 Posts
Obviously he can.

The guy has everything.

I am 29. When I watch him play, it is like the old days when I used to watch Safin or even Rios. The same talent and the same power.

Good job dude.

If he gets it together mentally which used to be his issue then sure he can.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Look, its the Big Boss Man...

do I really need to say more?

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Probably not. He can play at a very high level (like today), but overall his technique on both sides is very dodgy. Don't see him ever getting consistent, even within matches. Not enough to win Slams IMO, serve's also not very good.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Obviously he can.

The guy has everything.

Good job dude.

He could, although I find it odd that you cite a player who never won a Grand Slam title as one of the past players comparable to Khachanov in a thread asking whether Khachanov can win multiple Grand Slams.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
I like him. Good game, good mentality, strong fitness, not satisfied with where he has gone thus far

Started slow this clay season, lost first round 3 weeks in a row, then Madrid and Rome found some level and is parlaying it here

Karen beat Thiem already in Paris last year indoors so he has no fear so don't be surprised for another 5 set epic

Multiple slams? Let's focus on Thiem first

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Obviously he can.

The guy has everything.

Good job dude.

Good observation my friend. You have been an unbiased analyst for a long time here

Safin or Rios? Hmmm, he has high level of talent for sure. But Karen seems mentally more composed and in better consistent fitness than those guys but we gonna see

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't think so, he will have a career like Marat Safin with ups and downs, today, he probably played his best match of the season, but he has been a ghost of himself since his victory in Bercy last November (apart maybe a QF in IW), he is not consistent enough, he is not the kind of guy to stay focus a whole season.
He might have 2 or 3 GS but let's start with one first as the big three is still there until 2020 at least and there are other guys too (Tsitsipas, Thiem, Zverev, …)

·
Banned
584 Posts
Beating Thiem, Djokovic and Nadal (or Fed) back to back in Bo5? Good luck with that. I give him less than 1%.

·
Banned
584 Posts
lol, thought it was about this RG. ^

As for the real question. Yes, and he'll win multiple Slams and will surpass some much better players (Delpo, Tsonga) in career achievements because of pathetic era he'll be festing on.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Probably not. He can play at a very high level (like today), but overall his technique on both sides is very dodgy. Don't see him ever getting consistent, even within matches. Not enough to win Slams IMO, serve's also not very good.
even within matches?

He's put together several great matches start to finish, like, this one..

·
Registered
4,571 Posts

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
A bit weird serve and fh grip is a bit too extreme lol ?
His FH is odd. I mean it's incredible, but odd in a way I can't quite figure out. Do you mean extreme Western? He doesn't hit huge topspin like Rafa or Thiem or Sock ...

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts