Mens Tennis Forums banner

Can Ferrer qualify for the WTF this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Yes, he can. Will he? We'll have to wait and see. He's much better on hardcourt than on grass and he'll have the next half year on the surface.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
It's probably going to be between Ferrer, Nishikori, Dimitrov and Gulbis for two WTF spots, it's anyone's guess at this point.

·
23,063 Posts
It's probably going to be between Ferrer, Nishikori, Dimitrov and Gulbis for two WTF spots, it's anyone's guess at this point.
What about Raonic? I think he is still quite consistent to get points here, especially he works well here in the late HC season. I agree it probably would be Federer, Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, Wawrinka and Berdych so the WTF I guess is more fun as some are up for grabs.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
So you say that Djokovic,Nadal,Wawrinka,Federer,Berdych and Murray are lock ATM?
i think that much is clear.

What is under question mark is Gasquet, Tsonga and Raonic, besides the 4 correctly mentioned by Chris.

It will also depend very much on Wimby results, in case some dark horse makes a move, like Cilic or Monfils

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Yeah, Raonic is a dark horse, although I think he will come up short most of the times. Gasquet, Tsonga, Cilic and Monfils are names I really can't see happening.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
God I hope not. Lets see some new blood there.

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
? Chris is correct, Gulbis is in contention for sure, he has improved a lot this year and is now much more consistent, and made a SF on RG. Definitely has his chances. and he is not that good on grass so don't look too much into his Wimby result and let's take note he played against the guy that eliminated Federer last year.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Ferrer will not qualify for the World Tour Finals. This guy is nothing more than a disease which has plagued the top 8 for far too long.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Ferrer will not qualify for the World Tour Finals. This guy is nothing more than a disease which has plagued the top 8 for far too long.
Hating Ferrer as a Nadal fan should be a bannable offense.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Hating Ferrer as a Nadal fan should be a bannable offense.
Sorry I'm not trying to hate on Ferrer. I was trying to say this guy deserves a holiday. Take some time off tour and relax. Let some youngster take his ticket to the World Tour Finals. "Disease" was probably the wrong word; it was a metaphor to the mentally and physically draining nature of the tour.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Sorry I'm not trying to hate on Ferrer. I was trying to say this guy deserves a holiday. Take some time off tour and relax. Let some youngster take his ticket to the World Tour Finals. "Disease" was probably the wrong word; it was a metaphor to the mentally and physically draining nature of the tour.
:spit:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Phenomenadal again.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So Nadal,Djokovic,Federer,Wawrinka and Berdych are lock.
Dimitrov,Murray,Nishikori,Ferrer,Raonic,Gulbis,Cilic and Tsonga are fighting for last 3 spots.
The most interesting WTF race in ages?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts