·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serena 280
Federer 291
Evert 299
Navratilova 306

I say yes to Evert and Navratilova, but can he finish with more than Serena too?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Doubt it. Serena dominates WTA so piss easy these days, I see her playing few more years comfortably. Fed won't have many deep runs at slams for much longer.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say Serena and Federer end up as male/female with most grand slams won and most matches won. I've been spoiled by seeing the great ones play now.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But Federer only needs 9 more wins to surpass Evert with a milestone 300 and another 16 to surpass Navratilova with 307 total.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes to Evert and Navratilova, no to Serena. I think Serena will dominate the WTA for years to come. It's come to the point where you don't ask what's the next slam she'll win, but what's the next slam she'll lose. She's too good and the top end competition too weak. Only way I see Fed ending up with more then her is if she suddenly and unexpectedly retires sooner rather then later (maybe she'll take pity on her competitors, but I doubt it as pity doesn't seem in her nature, just look at poor Sharapova). Federer will continue to win matches for a while but I see him slipping up earlier more and more often from this point on.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To think only four players will have 299 or more wins in singles grand slam matches won and Rogie's the only male. Serena, Evert, Navaratilova, and Rogie, wow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts