Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Djokovic is in Federer's draw I think, do you think he can beat Federer?
I think Nole could beat Rafa but he has no chance against Federer and never will.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Djokovic is in Federer's draw I think, do you think he can beat Federer?
I think Nole could beat Rafa but he has no chance against Federer and never will.
Why shouldn't he have a chance against Federer. He already beat him once and in the US Open had multiple chances (multiple set points). Once he settles the mental side of things, I think he certainly has the game to beat Federer.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
He most definitely CAN ( = is able to), and the "will" part is the matter of time. Hopefully, the time is now. I think Nole's advice helped Janko a lot, and in return Janko's match will prove valuable to Nole.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
He most definitely CAN ( = is able to), and the "will" part is the matter of time. Hopefully, the time is now. I think Nole's advice helped Janko a lot, and in return Janko's match will prove valuable to Nole.
If Djoko's advice was hit to the FH not the BH I can safely say that Tipsy would have figured it out eventually. In return Janko could teach Djoko how not to choke on set points:D

As for the OP the answer is obviously yes, whether or not he will is a different matter

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Bad question, he already did, so he can.
And what's this stuff 'really'? Can he beat him 'unreally'?
What was the question you wanted 'really' to ask?

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Err yeah and he will

I fancy his chances in the semi's more than I would in a final.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Since we have established that he can (since it already happened), I think he will if he shows enough nerve. He is playing better baseline tennis than Federer and can move Federer side to side. If he serves well and does a decent job returning, it will be a terrific match (reminiscent of Safin-Federer).

·
Registered
955 Posts
I don´t see Nole winning a Slam match against Fed, yet. Nole´s breathing is near faulty, and in a five setter he could choke, like happened against Ferrer. His nature is still fragile as seen in his Sharapova impersonation. He lacks pulmonary volume . . . .in his impersonation, I mean.:devil::devil:

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Yep

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nole´s advice to Janko could backfire because it served Fed´s interest of making a five-setter as a training experience. A much needed experience since Wimbledon. In no other way this business could influence the possible Nole-Fed match.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
...making a five-setter as a training experience.
Somehow it never showed on his face, not for a second, that he's enjoying that "training". What he was practicing is being God-fearing enough to receive the mercy of Janko eventually getting tired enough to concede the match.

(As for true training sessions, see "Hartfield" and "Santoro".)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts